2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread (Less then 24 Hours Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
My nightmare is, knowing the Habs, Kotkaniemi and poehling become 3c with Eller - like upside, and zadina becomes kucherov.

I've seen Zadina live once, and Kucherov is the one stylistic comparable I came up with.

Is he going to end up a 100 points player like Kucherov? Who knows really. That'd be a stretch even for a franchise talent prospect, which isn't Zadina's case.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
If the Habs trade Pacioretty & Scherbak for Vilardi + LA Kings #20 OV, then move up for one of Hayton, Veleno or *Dellandrea*, whom I personally like at around 20th OV. Then of course Ty Smith & Bode Wilde are in the mix as Dmen in the 10-20 range, Smith a LHD good fit for Habs, Wilde a Montreal born RHD great fit too.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
McKeens is actual NHL scouts. I find their assessment has been far more accurate in the last 10 years i have followed them than any of the other media sources they have boots on the ground overseeing these youngsters. Industry standard. Zadina is going third.

Their top 3 was the actual top 3 once in the last 5 drafts. Not sure how you can be so sure about this.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

HabsFather

Twitter: @HabsFather
Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
One of McKeen's main contributor over the last few years was Grant McCagg, who posted on this board not long ago and hasn't been actively involved with an NHL team in quite a while.

The McKenzie TSN poll is the agglomerate of different scouts that are actually employed by NHL teams.

You got it backwards. No only that, but list consensus don't mean anything come draft day. It gives a general outlook, but it's not a crystal ball. Plenty of teams have been rewarded for being bold on draft day in the past by reaching. Some got burned. Plenty of teams got burned by picking fallers on draft day. Some others got rewarded.

It's not a science. You don't really get to have an opinion if your opinion is entirely based on the list someone else came up with. Have you watched Zadina? Have you watched the half dozen of other kids that are possible picks at 3? If you haven't, like most of us here except for a select few draft junkies, I don't see why you'd be hell bent on selecting a certain player.
Fair point. None of them have a crystal ball and can positively know what a player will become. I liked Zadina over Svetchnakov. I do believe he will get us 30+ goals. Its not his goal scoring i love most about him its his offensive iq. He goes to the next, he has a great sense of how the puck will come off and his positions himself accordingly. That being said i dont dislike Tkachuk but i like Zadina' play hes got an eye for the next the killer instinct. Coach can teach these guys to play dee but he cant teach them how to score. We already lost Debrincat

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
My nightmare is, knowing the Habs, Kotkaniemi and poehling become 3c with Eller - like upside, and zadina becomes kucherov.
Kotkaniemi has way better offensive instincts and skills than Eller, he has top 6 skills thats for sure...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
For Zadina to become Kucherov he would have to drastically alter the way he plays and develop a few more offensive skills that he doesn't currently have and which generally don't just happen upon a prospect this late in life.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
On the flip side, if Zadina's imagined as a potential Kucherov, the nightmare of passing on Barkov for an umpteenth complimentary winger doesn't sound any better.

These Zadina comparisons are getting out of hand. If he had that kind of upside, he'd be challenging for 1st overall.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Fair point. None of them have a crystal ball and can positively know what a player will become. I liked Zadina over Svetchnakov. I do believe he will get us 30+ goals. Its not his goal scoring i love most about him its his offensive iq. He goes to the next, he has a great sense of how the puck will come off and his positions himself accordingly. That being said i dont dislike Tkachuk but i like Zadina' play hes got an eye for the next the killer instinct. Coach can teach these guys to play dee but he cant teach them how to score. We already lost Debrincat

Take this in perspective, most of them didnt have Kotkaniemi in the top 10 and now the guy is a top 3 without having play a single game since their last ranking... This should tell us something about the internet scouts

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Take this in perspective, most of them didnt have Kotkaniemi in the top 10 and now the guy is a top 3 without having play a single game since their last ranking... This should tell us something about the internet scouts

This is actually factually incorrect. And Bob's list is by active NHL scouts. So keep peddling lies.

Reactions: Habs76

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Where is your line in the sand from last ranking to recent? The U18s were between the start of Q2 2018 and this past week.

Anyhow, Bob's list has Kotkaniemi at #5.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
He did play games. He played at the U-18. He also participated at the NHL combine which also has an impact on scouting rankings. And they aren't internet scouts but actual NHL scouts. So where is the truth in what you've said?

The truth is probably on your mouth only if its what you want to read. Kotkaniemi has raised even after the U18.... about the combine, it could be a reason for a 2nd rounder to raise in 1st, but shouldnt be a factor for the top 20. About Bob, he has sources, but makes his own ranking. From what I know, Bob Mackenzie know somes scouts like I also know one too. Am I a NHL scout?

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
The truth is probably on your mouth only if its what you want to read. Kotkaniemi has raised even after the U18.... about the combine, it could be a reason for a 2nd rounder to raise in 1st, but shouldnt be a factor for the top 20. About Bob, he has sources, but makes his own ranking. From what I know, Bob Mackenzie know somes scouts like I also know one too. Am I a NHL scout?
No, Bob McKenzie polls 10 NHL scouts and takes the average ranking. You sure are coming across as real informed eh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad