GDT: 2018 NHL Entry Draft (SJ Board Edition)

Do you want to have dedicated player discussion threads for each player drafted by the Sharks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I like the draft and prospects are fun to hype but I don't think too hard about the picks.

I've realized the thing I love the most about drafts are the possibilities of trades. You have all the GMs either in the same room or consistently on the phone and anything can happen at any time. I think that's why I watched a lot of the draft last year. The trading, even if it wasn't with the Sharks, was pretty cool.

Based on the quietness of today, I don't really expect much to happen tonight. I remember last year there was a massive trade in place before the draft even started. This year it's Dahlin and then throw a dart and see where it lands.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Trades kinda waiting for EK65 and JT to be settled, me thinks.but minor stuff could go down.

Stars may want to make a splash as they're hosting

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011

Bored? Here's one way to fill the time.

76e9fa9534.png

Pretty easy...

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Maybe he'll take someone from the Ottawa 68s or, God forbid, the 69s.

Maybe he'll literally gamble with the pick and Vegas will get our pick?

Maybe he'll do a backflip while making the pick.

The sheer amount of possibilities is endless.

"The San Jose Sharks trade the 21st overall pick to Vegas for Ryan Carpenter and a Tanning Bed to be Named Later."

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Everyone on the Sharks team is a natural center so I thought for sure it was center haha

Well, plus, you dont even know how they are counting. Are they counting what they were drafted as? Or what they played as once acquired? It's a terrible questions all around.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I am currently on in Ireland, where it is 11:58 PM. I have to be up around 8 to work out and be at a family breakfast at 10:30. and so I am going to bed in a few minutes. Here’s hoping the Sharks make a great trade and/or draft a good player with #21 overall! I’m looking forward to waking up in the morning and reading what you guys have to say!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Interesting. Surprised the Islanders didn't get Groubour, as that seemed to be the talk with Trotz going to New York and all.

That's because that deal likely wasn't available to the Islanders. The Caps wanted to move Grubauer out of conference. This is one of those situations where it makes sense to not trade in-division or in-conference. Grubauer on a competitive team could very well be the difference in a team beating them. I know people like to give Dorion from the Sens a lot of crap for that, although that came from Melnyk anyway, but there are instances where taking less to move someone out of conference is the best call for your team even if it means taking less in assets. This is likely one of those occasions. I'm sure there weren't many teams interested in taking Brooks Orpik's cap hit either so they kill two birds with one stone here. However, it is possible that Colorado flips Grubauer to the Islanders anyway or maybe Varlamov but you take that risk sometimes especially if there's another benefit attached to the deal like this one had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad