Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Yeah, I mean I totally forgot Ty Smith in that post, who some people consider to be top 5 or top 10....

It's unreal :yo:

We're still a year out, which is of course a little scary as some of these D could have a bad year and lose excitement. But it also means some of them could surprise us and be even better than anyone expects. What if Boqvist puts up more points in the SHL than Dahlin this year just by having a huge leap in development? A lot of these D have the potential to do something like that this year and become truly elite prospects. I just can't wait to see how these guys develop.

HisNoodliness

Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

Honestly this draft class looks ridiculous and Boqvist is generally viewed as a second/third tier guy compared to the "Dahlins" and "McIsaacs" but if we end up with him, I'll be ecstatic. He's the Swedish D that actually deserves the Karlsson comparisons. He's so good and fun to watch.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I just hope they will go after skills and speed , not size and toughness next year

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Boqvist looks like a talented kid, with little strength. His wrist shot looks forced, yet accurate. He's also undersized with questionable defensive awareness.

That said, if you get him you're banking on him getting bigger(weight, mostly), thats a decent bet.

That said, at this point I would not take him in the top 20.

His stickhandling and puck skills are ridiculous. I'd take him top 20 all day.

Very early, but hoping for one of Woo, Merkley, or Boqvist.

HisNoodliness

Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

I have the tendency to pick an early favorite and Boqvist is shaping up as my choice this year. I love that style of defenseman and he's so good.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

I absolutely love Merkley, but he does need to take some major steps in developing his defensive game this year. He doesn't need to become a shut-down guy but he does need to show that he understands the importance of being responsible in the defensive zone. In other words, he can't be another Ryan Sproul in terms of his development path.

I am a big Boqvist fan. He is certainly on my super early short list.

The best thing about our 2017 draft class is that we shouldn't be worried about taking a skilled undersized defensemen in the 2018 draft.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I absolutely love Merkley, but he does need to take some major steps in developing his defensive game this year. He doesn't need to become a shut-down guy but he does need to show that he understands the importance of being responsible in the defensive zone. In other words, he can't be another Ryan Sproul in terms of his development path.

I am a big Boqvist fan. He is certainly on my super early short list.

The best thing about our 2017 draft class is that we shouldn't be worried about taking a skilled undersized defensemen in the 2018 draft.

I would have to concede and agree that there are risks with Merkley... but man... if you want to talk about a kid that is dynamic and has game-breaking potential. The stuff that kid does on the blue line look like it's straight out of a video game. His agility lets him do whatever he wants with the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille