Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
No thanks on Tkachuk. I think he ends up a winger.

Not saying I want him. People seem to be split on him, some think top 3 after dahlin and svech, while others put him quite a bit later. I think he's skilled and very gritty. Very punchable face.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
McIsaac, Merkley, Wilde, Boqvist... Gimme a defenseman. Then go for all boom or bust forwards.

We're on the same page here. I think Boqvist has emerged as an early favorite of mine. He seems like the first guy to ever deserve the EK comparisons he gets. I think a guy like McIsaac is more what the Wings will prioritize with the way our defense has been formed thus far, but frankly I'd be happy with any of these guys. Dahlin would obviously be ideal but there appear to be about 5-10 D in this draft that could play on the first line and we're still a year from draft day. That's crazy!

In rounds 2-7 I hope we draft almost exclusively boom-bust, high IQ forwards. Preferably centers, but after the Ras pick I think our depth at center will be fine. We need guys with big upside so if a winger has higher upside take him over the lower upside C.

HisNoodliness

Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
This. Flip green, Tatar, and or Gus for another first. This draft looks deep

If we traded 2 out of 3: Green, Tatar and Gus to have three 1sts and two 2nds (we already have Ottawa's) in this draft that would be insane. We would have the ability to move up and down to essentially any position and really target guys we like. I honestly think this is the year to do it too. The centers at the top end don't look particularly inspiring but the defense looks really really good and very deep.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I'm not getting too tied up into positions. If zadina is the most skilled guy on the board when we draft I say take him. (Or whoever is at the top of the board a year from now)

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
You do realize that, after going 9-0 in the shootout, Detroit finished exactly 9 points above the 3rd worst team in the league?

If they trade Green and/or Nyquist for additional picks, they're absolutely right there contending for a top-3 draft slot.

You can also add in the fact that we had Vanek for 40+ games who def helped us win at least 4 games throughout that 40+ game stretch which would have been 8 of those 9 points as well, who is no longer on the roster (as of now). Only. Problem is a lot of guys had statically the worst years of their career. If a couple of them get back on track, we win more games. I think where we end up in the standings will simply come down to, how good is our PP

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
If we traded 2 out of 3: Green, Tatar and Gus to have three 1sts and two 2nds (we already have Ottawa's) in this draft that would be insane. We would have the ability to move up and down to essentially any position and really target guys we like. I honestly think this is the year to do it too. The centers at the top end don't look particularly inspiring but the defense looks really really good and very deep.
I agree. There's a lot of very interesting defense. Veleno will be worth keeping an eye on, but I would be more interested in picking a D (or Svechnikov obviously). Maybe if we do pick up another first: Alex Khovanov would be a bargain for a C prospect. Russian factor might help him drop a bit.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Decent lists at this juncture.

I haven't picked any favorites yet, but lots of guys to keep an eye on.

If we continue the trend of taking Western Canada guys, I'd have to imagine Jett Woo and Ty Smith are early possibilities.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

HisNoodliness

Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Like I said earlier, "Datsyuk" who plays defence. :yo:

Just fools people around.

Honestly of all the comparisons I've seen I actually might like this one the most. He of course gets compared to every offensive Swedish D ever, but most don't fit too well. His hands, trickery and vision are on another level just like Dats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->