Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Apparently if he plays one game in the NHL we have to protect him in the expansion draft. Not worth it imo.

It really depends on if the below post is correct regarding whether the NHL looks at waiver eligibility rules to determine exemption. If that's the case, he can play under 11 games. But if he plays 1 game we'd still burn a year off his ELC regardless, and he would become a UFA in 2026 and not 2027, so in that case I really don't think he should be playing for NYR this year.

• Expansion draft exemption: For the expansion draft exemption, the NHL looks at waiver eligibility rules to determine what counts as a pro year (CBA article 13.4), which means it only counts towards that if he plays 11 games

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Have you gotten 100% confirmation that 13.4 is the article they use?

And have you gotten 100% confirmation that, in the event they use the article, Kravtsov is considered 19 and not 20?

Because I don't think you've cleared up any of the confusion without both of those things being the case.

Yes. I've gotten confirmation regarding both.

Reactions: Tawnos

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190305-181803_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190305-181803_Chrome.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 73

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Interesting, just seems like he’s trying not to say things that could get him in trouble legally and he doesn’t really know how it truly works, which are both par for the course.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The thing is Traktor isn't very rich team, and paying a player, who's as good as gone, for a couple of more months is like wasting a lot of rubles. Not sure, they are eager to do it, but who knows...

Reactions: RGY

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It's not like the Penguins front office who wanted to acquire Hagelin in a trade and had to be told by the league that it wasn't possible according to the CBA since they already retained money on Hagelin's contract :laugh:
Wait when did this happen? I thought you could trade back for that player?

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Say he signs with us and plays the ten games. I'd roll with:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Kravtsov
Vesey-Chytil/Andersson-Buchnevich
Namestnikov-Strome-Fast
Lemieux-Howden-Andersson-Chytil

Reactions: RGY

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Everyone are focusing on Traktor — but the issue must be what type of obligation Traktor has towards the Russian Hockey Federation (not the KHL)?

If all Russian players leaving for the NHL, left mid March instead of October it would some years have a fundamental impact on Russia’s team for the WCH.

Outside the KHL all players must be cut, or not selected to the first preliminary roster, before they can go to the NHL. How does it work in the KHL?

There must be 500 threads at hfboards discussing if this or that kid will be released by his KHL team. Traktor couldn’t care less. Try calling their HQ, it’s closed. All personnel are on vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad