Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Also worth noting that Traktor that doesn't have much depth in the first place has been hit with an injury bug, essentially eliminating its entire 1st line (made up of non-Russians) after 1C Szczechura was also put on the injured list and is expected to be out 2 months.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Team is such a joke. Down 3-0 after 2 periods and they only have a total of 5 shots on goal all game.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Frustrating with prospects in the KHL. It's like they get on stacked teams that don't need/play them, or they end up on shitty teams where they can't accomplish anything. Like just at this moment, Rykov, Shesterkin and Kravtsov are in less than ideal circumstances (or more accurately, Rykov was in a bad spot until he was traded).

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Thought I saw that he left the team for the U20's.

Not exactly, it was an announcement of who made the team and will be going to the tournament.

Edit: The tournament will be happening between November 9-11 and a camp before then for a few days. Traktor will not have any games from November 5 until 12. Kravtsov will miss 2-3 games at most including getting a few games to rest from the coaching staff.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Frustrating with prospects in the KHL. It's like they get on stacked teams that don't need/play them, or they end up on ****ty teams where they can't accomplish anything. Like just at this moment, Rykov, Shesterkin and Kravtsov are in less than ideal circumstances (or more accurately, Rykov was in a bad spot until he was traded).

I agree about Shestyorkin and Rykov (until he was traded) but I don't see how playing on a bad team is bad for a player's development. Kravtsov, in this case, gets to play top-6 minutes at even strength and he experiences what it's like to not win all the time.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Team is such a joke. Down 3-0 after 2 periods and they only have a total of 5 shots on goal all game.

This is a game against direct competition for the last playoff spot that Traktor would need to overtake if the want to be among top-8 in the East.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I agree about Shestyorkin and Rykov (until he was traded) but I don't see how playing on a bad team is bad for a player's development. Kravtsov, in this case, gets to play top-6 minutes at even strength and he experiences what it's like to not win all the time.
We've had the same discussion about Virta so I don't really want to rehash it, but basically I'd rather he find a decent role on a winning team and develop in a winning environment. I always find that preferential to playing for a team that gets its shit kicked in every night and learning how to cope with losing. But that's just me. And he's absolutely good enough to get second line minutes on a mid-table or better team in the KHL. He doesn't need to play for a terrible team to get good minutes.

Success breeds success. He can learn how to deal with losing later.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil

I don't think this is a good thing the majority of time. Players can get accomodated with losses, I'd rather have him learning to deal with losses than learning how to win.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
Did i read this correctly, in 21 games, kravtsov's production so far this season is 3 goals and 4 assists.....a total of a whopping 7 points??

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don't think this is a good thing the majority of time. Players can get accomodated with losses, I'd rather have him learning to deal with losses than learning how to win.

In the end, what's more important is that players get a chance to play more than a handful of minutes. Buchnevich with Cherepovets was better than Buchnevich with SKA. Kravtsov is in a situation similar to Tarasenko in 2010-11. I don't see it as an issue

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Did i read this correctly, in 21 games, kravtsov's production so far this season is 3 goals and 4 assists.....a total of a whopping 7 points??
He’s producing around a similar rate as Kuznetzov and Tarasenko..he’s Traktors best forward as well. Points don’t tell the whole story.

Edit-didn’t see the comment above mine

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

I agree with @Amazing Kreiderman that this is better situation compared to being on a more prominent team, especially like SKA. The prospect would get an opportunity to drive a play, getting to play in top6 and special situations. Example of Rykov who didn’t get any games with SKA while getting over 20 minutes with Sochi, PP and PK included.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Would have been better to read like the last 2 pages before posting. You’d get to understand the context of Kravtsov stats before complaining.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I agree with @Amazing Kreiderman that this is better situation compared to being on a more prominent team, especially like SKA. The prospect would get an opportunity to drive a play, getting to play in top6 and special situations. Example of Rykov who didn’t get any games with SKA while getting over 20 minutes with Sochi, PP and PK included.
I know, but there teams that are not stacked like CSKA and SKA and are also not the dumpster fire that is Traktor this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad