Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I know folks compare him to Kuzy because of where the two are from.

But Kravstov's comp imho is Jonathan Huberdeau.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Didn’t expect Traktor to struggle this much, don’t think the players they lost all really were that great, but they obviously haven’t replaced them nor been able to establish any kind of team identity yet.

Kravtsov is a low maintenance player in a way at least. Can always play that effective puck pursuit game. It’s hard to speculate on what would be best for him; really working on his game making his own fortune and all those parts or being on a better team playing more high quality offensive hockey. Time will tell, I would be much more worried if Kravtsov were more of a playmaking center or something not really being able to play to his strengths at all when Traktor were struggling.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I guess the guy being stuck in Florida doesn't help because I was originally not happy with that comparison and then I looked at the stats.

I don’t see it tbh.

Huberdeau is underrated as a player though.

High skilled rangy, play making winger, styles are very similar.

I saw a lot of the Sea Dogs when Huberdeau was in Juniors. Very similar type of player.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The fact Buchnevich is on that list makes me less optimistic about VK. Remove him and I’d be stoked

Why would Buchnevich being included in this list affect how you feel about Kravtsov? It doesn't change anything. If you look at the context, it actually makes Kravtsov's accomplishment more impressive, with Buch playing on a far better team at the time.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Why would Buchnevich being included in this list affect how you feel about Kravtsov? It doesn't change anything. If you look at the context, it actually makes Kravtsov's accomplishment more impressive, with Buch playing on a far better team at the time.
Because Buchnevich =Disappointing

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I know folks compare him to Kuzy because of where the two are from.

But Kravstov's comp imho is Jonathan Huberdeau.

In fairness, his game is very similar to Kuznetsov and that's the player who Kravtsov has cited as influencing his style of player.

Reactions: jas

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
I can’t believe this needs to be said: Buchnevich struggling doesn’t mean he’s never done anything good
What has he done that’s good. Please elaborate. I know he’s only a 3rd round pick but people on here love him and I’m left COMPLETELY underwhelmed

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
What has he done that’s good. Please elaborate. I know he’s only a 3rd round pick but people on here love him and I’m left COMPLETELY underwhelmed
His play in the KHL that was quoted in the graphic for starters, it’s not omitting other players that didn’t make it, that’s the list of u20 players who have scored at that pace. Even if he doesn’t become a superstar like those other players, that’s still a great accomplishment and why people here are/were so optimistic about him.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
I laugh when I see the Buchnevich bashing now. I got nothing but grief from many posters on here when I stated for months he was a lazy dog and should be traded. I feel better and better about this guy being used in a Nylander deal. Looking forward to the day he is off this team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Hmmm, I don't know man. A 22-year old in his 2nd NHL season hitting 43 points at the age of 22... We haven't had that since Petr Prucha and before that Tony Amonte. Even league-wide it's not as unimpressive as you make it out to be.

In the last 10 seasons, a total of only 18 players have reached that benchmark. So it's not as if what Buchnevich is doing is something to criticize. It's only underwhelming if your expectations are too high.

#contextmatters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad