Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #22 - K'Andre Miller (D) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Miller in the NCAA for one more season probably does not hurt. We still have Staal, Smith, and Skjei on 1 way deals. Smith would clear to the AHL if needed. We're likely to have Hajek, Rykov, Lindgren, Day, and Crawley on ELCs and either in the NHL/AHL.

If we add Miller, baring a trade of a LHD, we're looking at 9 LHD. Could someone like Crawley end up in the ECHL? Sure, but the others are either AHL or NHL players. I'd rather have the extra year to settle this log jam in the organization. Once the top is cleared of Staal and Smith, we're looking at openings for the kids.

I'm also not a proponent of buying these guys out at this point. No need to impact the cap long after they are gone.

Reactions: bl02

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
especially given the injury, no compelling reason to turn him pro yet
also he is somewhat new to playing D

my hope is he even stays through at least his junior year,
its ok w me if turns pro at 21 or 22, he'd likely have a leadership role as upper-classman
and as cited above, we have other LHD prospects to sort out, including Gross and the 3 guys playing in Europe to that depth chart

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Probably could have ruled him out as soon as Carp wrote it was likely he was going to play.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Miller in the NCAA for one more season probably does not hurt. We still have Staal, Smith, and Skjei on 1 way deals. Smith would clear to the AHL if needed. We're likely to have Hajek, Rykov, Lindgren, Day, and Crawley on ELCs and either in the NHL/AHL.

If we add Miller, baring a trade of a LHD, we're looking at 9 LHD. Could someone like Crawley end up in the ECHL? Sure, but the others are either AHL or NHL players. I'd rather have the extra year to settle this log jam in the organization. Once the top is cleared of Staal and Smith, we're looking at openings for the kids.

I'm also not a proponent of buying these guys out at this point. No need to impact the cap long after they are gone.
If we have the space I actually really like Smith at 4th line W/7D. Take Pionk off the PK and slide Smith back there when needed.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Miller is officially out of tonights game. That would really suck if they lose tonight and his injury turned into a season ending injury. Knew it was worse than they were letting on from the start. I'm not even sure he has been practicing with the team yet, all i saw was pictures of him passing the puck with coaches.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I mean Wisconsin really doesn't have any motivation to rush him back. Even if he could realistically play, they have no reason to play him. They know this is not their year, that they're not making the tournament. The smart thing for Wisconsin to do is to be cautious and have him ready to go for next season when they could be better. It does suck if this is their last game and we don't get to see him again, but if I'm Wisconsin I might not play him, even if he's healthy, unless they miraculously made the conference tournament title game or something.

Reactions: Trxjw

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I mean Wisconsin really doesn't have any motivation to rush him back. Even if he could realistically play, they have no reason to play him. They know this is not their year, that they're not making the tournament. The smart thing for Wisconsin to do is to be cautious and have him ready to go for next season when they could be better. It does suck if this is their last game and we don't get to see him again, but if I'm Wisconsin I might not play him, even if he's healthy, unless they miraculously made the conference tournament title game or something.
Agreed.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That's a shame. Isn't Wisconsin supposed to be stacked next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad