Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #22 - K'Andre Miller (D) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You gave it to Lundkvist's family?

His grandfather asked if he could have it, so after the game I gave it to him in exchange for him asking Nils to meet me outside. He wanted to give me 20 euros for it, but I refused. I printed that at work. Didn't cost me anyting

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
So we see the points, but what is his pro comparison? define his style. I know hes strong like bull, but he also seems to skate well and has offense

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
So we see the points, but what is his pro comparison? define his style. I know hes strong like bull, but he also seems to skate well and has offense

Very hard to say. I've always seen a little bit of Erik Johnson in him. But because he's a converted forward he's just much more natural with the puck on his stick than EJ.

He's just so hard to peg right now. He keeps improving across the board.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He's just so hard to peg right now. He keeps improving across the board.
I think that it depends on several things, namely his shot and his attitude. I said this before, the kid does have a mean streak. But will he use it on a regular basis. If he does AND he develops his shot from the point, then you could be looking at the new-age version of Chary or Byuf. That is where his utter ceiling could be if all goes right. To continue the fantasy if the Rangers take Byram, then then can run these kids out on the ice for virtually the whole game. Not unlike what Ottawa had when they had Chara & Redden.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
His grandfather asked if he could have it, so after the game I gave it to him in exchange for him asking Nils to meet me outside. He wanted to give me 20 euros for it, but I refused. I printed that at work. Didn't cost me anyting
Screen-Shot-2017-02-22-at-5.03.37-PM-1487801127-640x427.png

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Love seeing the offense explode so soon. Would've been happy with
.5 ppg freshman year. Not even close to filled out, can you imagine the physicality at 24/25? By that time all goons will be extinct, could be looking at the best combination of size, strength, skill and toughness in the league.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Love seeing the offense explode so soon. Would've been happy with
.5 ppg freshman year. Not even close to filled out, can you imagine the physicality at 24/25? By that time all goons will be extinct, could be looking at the best combination of size, strength, skill and toughness in the league.
Hard to say how kids his age will grow.

If he grows like Kevin Hayes (6'2" on draft day) we'll have one the largest humans in the league on our hands.

Reactions: jas

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I just hope that he doesn't put up like 35 points this season and then "only" record 28 next season, leading people to think he regressed. It can be difficult, even for forwards, to put up continually escalating point totals in the NCAA. And that's because of graduations and guys leaving early, which can rather dramatically alter the talent level on a team. Like you can be a 40-point wing as a Sophomore and then your top C and LW graduate and suddenly you're a Junior playing with a less-talented Sophomore C and Freshman LW, and you put up 30 points. You didn't get worse, the team just changed. Happens all the time in NCAA hockey. So...just trying to prepare people, if that starts to happen a year from now. :laugh:

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
I don't think he ever was but was expected to do at least 2 or 3. I could see them bringing it up after this season but he likely stays for two. After two I'd imagine there would be a strong push to get him to at least Hartford or the following years Camp.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Is he expected to play all four years at Wisconsin?
Unless something totally unexpected happens (like an injury makes him miss an entire year), he's probably there 2-3 years. If he continues to kill it this year and then repeats that next year, I would wager he's gone after two years.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't think he ever was but was expected to do at least 2 or 3. I could see them bringing it up after this season but he likely stays for two. After two I'd imagine there would be a strong push to get him to at least Hartford or the following years Camp.
Yeah. He's having a fantastic start to the season, but it's not like he's Jack Eichel out there where he's just making other guys look foolish and completely dominating. He can still gain a lot from another year down there, the strength training, playing against guys that are more mature but not yet at the AHL level, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad