GDT: 2018 NHL Draft Lottery

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Any of the 6-7 posts on this page giving you Michigan associated players brought to the team in various ways.Either way you're making a big deal out of something so insignificant to begin with.

Michigan produces a lot of good NHL players. They'll find their way on Detroit eventually over time because the Red Wings are an NHL team. There's not some directive from management or ownership to sign or draft more Michigan players.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
As a Michigan guy, I sincerely hope that the Michigan players on the Red Wings are only here because they were the best players available. Because for one thing, they are losing a lot and it does nothing for my pride to see that.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
so larkin
glenny
abby
dekeyser

otherwise 4 of the 21 team roster or 20% are from a state that produces 13% of all american born players and 3% of all NHL players is not noteable at all, especially given the state i dont know, where detroit is in?

its all just random?

i guess the french thing in montreal is too

on the scale you're talking about i'd say so yeah

dekeyser is probably here because he's from michigan but in a totally different way than what you're saying(that is to say the michigan thing probably made a difference on his end when he was choosing what team to go to,a lot of teams wanted him)

glendening is an undrafted guy and abdelkader is a late round pick is the michigan thing a factor with them? i'd say so

larkin the michigan thing might have played a small role but by all accounts they also genuinely thought he was the bpa

all of this is vastly different in both shape and scale to your comment that the Wings would draft someone 6th overall because they're from michigan to the point that they are completely irrelevant as examples

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
f*** Carolina. And f*** Montreal. We screwed and they screwed ourselves out of a top 3 pick by 2pts

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Think they're NHL ready? I'd guess that unless they're 'overripe' they'll play another year in their respective leagues since the Wings aren't going to start their trend up next season.

I like Dobson and Boqvist the best as future top pairing guys... but all are phonemenal talents.

Bouchard is actually probably the closest to pro ready if that’s what you’re looking for.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not sure this can even happen, but there is one thing I was thinking that would be hilarious with the NHL announcing 15-4, and then waiting...waiting...waiting to announce 3-1. That is at the start of the lottery, the first card they pull is card 12, meaning 13-15 get 1-2-3, throwing the rest of the revealing out the window. I feel like the NHL actually knows well in advance of the day who has what pick, heck even the GM's and owners probably know.

The way they are doing it this year is dumb, why would non Vegas-Sharks interested fans of the 15-4 teams give one iota rip of waiting for the top 3 reveal, when their dreams and hopes of winning are toast?

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Figures that this season bereft of hope ends with us falling out of the top 5. The first ingredient towards becoming relevant again is a franchise cornerstone. Larkin isn't that guy and neither is anyone else on the current roster or any of our recent draft picks. The likelihood of us drafting someone who will be great at #6; well it's pretty slim.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Figures that this season bereft of hope ends with us falling out of the top 5. The first ingredient towards becoming relevant again is a franchise cornerstone. Larkin isn't that guy and neither is anyone else on the current roster or any of our recent draft picks. The likelihood of us someone who can be great at #6; well it's pretty slim.

Not really true of this draft.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Figures that this season bereft of hope ends with us falling out of the top 5. The first ingredient towards becoming relevant again is a franchise cornerstone. Larkin isn't that guy and neither is anyone else on the current roster or any of our recent draft picks. The likelihood of us drafting someone who will be great at #6; well it's pretty slim.

The likelihood of us getting someone great at #6 is slim? Uh, no.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Can't complain, I guess.

It's a 6th OA and it's nothing to complain about.

I'm really trying to find a silver lining here...
Agreed.

However - with the Isles picking 11th/12th - what are the chances Holland swaps our two 1st round picks with Snow?

Would Holland also try to pry away the Isles two 2nd round picks as well (41st/43rd)?

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
"And with the 6th over all pick, the Detroit Red Wings select Joseph Veleno."

This is the level of confusion that I picture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad