GDT: 2018 NHL Draft Lottery

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Pretty big opportunity for Carolina as well out of this. I sort of like that a team high up gets randomly rewarded. I know a lot of people don't, but that could be huge for changing their fortunes. Also might open them up as a more interesting trade partner this off-season for us.

Reactions: NickH8

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
so Bettman hates Canadian teams but now he's also rigging the draft in their favor?

man Bettman haters really need to get their stories straight

I'm a Bettman hater, but this makes no sense at all. TOR and MTL can suck for another 50 years and they'll still be the two most popular hockey franchises. If he were rigging the lottery he'd send Dahlin to Chicago or Dallas or even Arizona.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Holland seems to really like to put a lot of stock in players who are from Michigan.

Besides Larkin I can't think of any players from Michigan that Holland drafted during his time as General Manager. You're making stuff up.

Reactions: TheMule93

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Hughes is #3 on my board and I hate U of M.

If Hughes is the BPA on the board when we pick, then he's who we should take. I don't have any insight on any of the players as I've done zero research, but I'm hopeful a defenseman is the right guy to take when it's our turn to pick since it's our biggest need.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Besides Larkin I can't think of any players from Michigan that Holland drafted during his time as General Manager. You're making stuff up.

probably because their were none to be drafted where we did

but
dekeyser
blashill
glenny
are all michigan guys

add larkin to the list and its a trend for sure

not saying its wrong or bad

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
So the Wings say they're going BPA, but we all know the Wings have a funny idea of BPA. Their BPA includes stuff like character. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wings really like Bouchard for character reasons. He's already been a captain, he's got the gee shucks quiet Canadian boy thing going on, and he'll play through about anything. It seems to me completely consistent that the team that fell in love with Rasmussen would fall in love with Bouchard too.

Just as an example, Hughes comes off a little cocky. Like there's an interview clip going around where he says he doesn't think he has to work on his defensive game, and that it's actually a strength of his. Being out of touch with your strengths and weaknesses like that could be a yellow flag.

Reactions: Leronziia
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Boqvist, Bouchard, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Hughes

Come on down.

Forget about Boqvist.

I'd love for the Coyotes to grab eith Tkachuk or Wahlstrom at 5, so we can grab Bouchard at 6. That is my best case scenario at this point. My worst case scenario is that Dahlin, Svech, Zadina, Boqvist, Bouchard go 1-5. In my opinion they are the big 5, after them there is a huge dip. Please Arizona take Tkachuk.

Honestly though, knowing the Wings, even if Bouchard is there to take at 6, we'll still take Hughes. Hughes has Red Wings written all over him.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Bouchard then Hughes for me...seen enough of Bouchard live that he's my pick if he's there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad