GDT: 2018 NHL Draft Lottery

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Burke was talking about it today the current lottery gives too much weight to those teams who just missed on playoffs - NJ last year and Car this year....

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
eh could've gone better could've gone worse

all in all pretty solid,should have a choice between a few very promising looking Defensemen and the possibility of taking Tkachuk shouldn't be a thing

Reactions: jkutswings
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
******* garbage.

I hate these damn lotteries. I guess I want him to go to Carolina at this point so he's out of the division. Welcome to the Wings Quinn Hughes.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Kinda sucks for sure, but the spot I thought we were getting!

I honestly don't want any of these three teams getting Dahlin. Carolina, doesn't even really like hockey, can't stand either of the Sens or Canadiens, so for sure annoying that one of these 3 are getting Dahlin.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
NHL is seeing what Laine is doing in WPG, what Matthews is doing in TOR, I’d be shocked if Dahlin didn’t go to MTL...

Bettman is too easy to predict with their jump in draft order..

If this does happen, it confirms he’s rigged the NHL for himself

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Okay with this. Really hope Montreal doesn't get #1OA, that's basically all I'm scared of.

6th is an awesome position for us. High likelihood of 1-2 of Bouchard/Boqvist/Dobson being around.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I will like whatever player we get at this point. Pretty happy with any of the guys we are likely to take.

Hope Dahlin goes to Buffalo.

Him and Risto could be what Stevie blew when he passed on Jones next to Hedman.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Pretty disappointed we didn't get a top 5 pick, but it's still the highest pick we've had in a long time. I hope Holland doesn't get cute and trade down.

The 'silver lining' is that we'll have a chance at a top 5 pick again next year assuming Holland holds true to his word and starts the rebuild.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
NHL is seeing what Laine is doing in WPG, what Matthews is doing in TOR, I’d be shocked if Dahlin didn’t go to MTL...

Bettman is too easy to predict with their jump in draft order..

If this does happen, it confirms he’s rigged the NHL for himself

so Bettman hates Canadian teams but now he's also rigging the draft in their favor?

man Bettman haters really need to get their stories straight

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
It really sucks that we were battling Montreal for the fifth spot And got edged out at the end and the fifth spot turns out to be a top three

Reactions: loojay

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Unfortunately we miss out on an elite player like dahlin, svech, zadina or tkachuk.

But we still get a top6-9 forward or hopefully top 4 defenseman with the potential to be elite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad