NFL: 2018 NFL off-season news & notes thread (Vikings sign Hunter to big extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Roster wise they are behind the rest of the division. Luck (at fill health) can make up for it. Just can't confidently say he's still that player.

Agreed. I have to see Luck on the field and throwing in an actual game before assuming the Colts are going to do anything next season.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Belichick is too ruthless and I love him for that, but lately he's gone insane with Brady's situation, benching Butler in the SB and now possibly trading one the most dominant player in the NFL.

Gronk is constantly hurt and been in the league since 2010.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Barstool, BR, PFT, Dan Shaughnessy's paper, something called "clutchpoints"...man, he's sure taking an undue victory lap. Again, I saw nothing about this reported or even discussed by anyone remotely trustworthy.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Barstool, BR, PFT, Dan Shaughnessy's paper, something called "clutchpoints"...man, he's sure taking an undue victory lap. Again, I saw nothing about this reported or even discussed by anyone remotely trustworthy.

But... but... BarstoolBigCat and PFTCommenter! :sarcasm:

Seriously, I hate Barstool. I don't read them, but I see their tweets favorited and retweeted all the time.

Reactions: What the Faulk

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I'm a Patriots fan, so I hope it's not true, but the way things are going I wouldn't rule out the report as being true.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

To be expected I guess. Much as I love Earl, Seattle is going younger and probably doesn't want to offer more than two or three years.
Otherwise they'd have a deal in place already.
Thomas is a gym rat who takes care of his body, probably sees himself as a top-shelf safety well into his 30's so I understand his need to get paid.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Thomas also saw first hand last season how brutal a business the nfl is. Chancellor entered last year in the fina year of his deal before getting an extension and he then suffered what is expected to be a career ending neck injury.

Sherman and Avril has the same situation as Thomas in the final year of their deal with no more guaranteed money. Because of the injuries they suffered last season, both guys got cut.

So, Thomas has to use the leverage he has to get a deal. Or he could find himself like his former teammates.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
In recent years Jerry has begun to give Stephen more and more control with roster , correct? Would it be fair to say Stephon is the heir to throne once Jerry is gone

Wasn't Stephen the one who talked him out of Manziel mistake?

Reactions: fin8

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
In recent years Jerry has begun to give Stephen more and more control with roster , correct? Would it be fair to say Stephon is the heir to throne once Jerry is gone

Wasn't Stephen the one who talked him out of Manziel mistake?
It was also Stephen, that didn’t want Dez. No question about it, Stephen sits on the throne when Jerry is gone.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Jones would be a great fit for Carolina for sure. Would def solve the receiving woes for that team. That said I doubt the Falcons give him up to anyone much less a division rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad