NFL: 2018 NFL off-season news & notes thread (Vikings sign Hunter to big extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
He has an injury that got infected and probably has not recovered from it yet. That's why the Panthers didn't sign him.
I know that.

About a month ago he said that he was fully recovered and had visits on Arizona and Indianapolis. Arizona signed I don't remember who instead, but the Colts probably have the worst depth in the league when it comes to corners. They badly need him and have over 50 million in cap space. There's no valid excuse.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I know that.

About a month ago he said that he was fully recovered and had visits on Arizona and Indianapolis. Arizona signed I don't remember who instead, but the Colts probably have the worst depth in the league when it comes to corners. They badly need him and have over 50 million in cap space. There's no valid excuse.

Just because he said that doesn't make it true. Or maybe he's still suffering some effects and/or slowdown from it. Obviously he didn't make enough of an impact to secure a contract.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Plus the triple crown in 2005, #8 all time in receiving yards, and #12 in receptions despite playing most of his career with nobodies and missing 1.5 seasons due to injury.

He's not going to be a first ballot guy, and I know WR is a tough street, but I think he belongs in the HOF.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, doesn't sound good for Manning. Shame too because he always projected, to me, a good old boy, image during his time in the NFL.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
It's alright, we've still got Matt Kalil for a few more years!

spelling-bee-winner-gif-5.gif

Reactions: CanesInducedComa

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Cleveland was the polar opposite to New England, in so many ways. The Browns stuck in their base defense 66 percent of the time, which insane in the modern NFL. You might think that this is what happens when you are constantly facing opponents running out the clock on your way to 0-16. Except that the Browns were doing this from the very start of the game! In the first half, the Browns were in base defense 66 percent of the time. When the score was tied or the Browns actually had a lead, the Browns were in base defense... the same number, 66 percent of the time.

Cleveland was the only team in the last four seasons to even hit 60 percent. This may go part of the way to explaining why they were fourth in rushing defense and 26th in passing defense; if you never go into nickel or dime packages, you're going to have trouble stopping receivers in the modern NFL! Cleveland had 245 snaps where their base defense was matched up against 11 personnel; only the Panthers and Rams joined them above 100. To put it another way, roughly one-sixth of all 11-versus-base snaps in the NFL were played by the Browns defense. At least they were unique!

#greggwilliams

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2017 Defensive Personnel Analysis

they did have pretty good LBs and not to so good corners but even bad corners can cover better than good LBs against WRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->