NFL: 2018 NFL News & Notes discussion thread

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Re: Flacco, guy was good when he wanted to be but the Ravens are Jackson's team now. Flacco's 33 now so he might get a chance with another team.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Re: Flacco, guy was good when he wanted to be but the Ravens are Jackson's team now. Flacco's 33 now so he might get a chance with another team.
If he moves on he moves on. Ravens eat dead cap of around $16 million if they cut him. He’ll land somewhere else.

Jacksonville, Denver, Giants, Tampa Bay, should be in the market for one.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Cutting Flacco means the Ravens can split the $16 million dead cap hit over 2019 and 2020, so they'll save over $18 million next year. He's gone.

I think he ends up going to whoever drafts Drew Lock and starts until he's ready. Jacksonville, Washington, etc.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Cutting Flacco means the Ravens can split the $16 million dead cap hit over 2019 and 2020, so they'll save over $18 million next year. He's gone.

I think he ends up going to whoever drafts Drew Lock and starts until he's ready. Jacksonville, Washington, etc.
Washington can't afford him unless he takes a discount

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If he moves on he moves on. Ravens eat dead cap of around $16 million if they cut him. He’ll land somewhere else.

Jacksonville, Denver, Giants, Tampa Bay, should be in the market for one.

TB and NY are sticking with their QBs. Flacco would be downgrade.

Washington can't afford him unless he takes a discount

Which he might, to stay in the Beltway area. How much can he really ask for tho?

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
TB and NY are sticking with their QBs. Flacco would be downgrade.

Which he might, to stay in the Beltway area. How much can he really ask for tho?

12 mil? The skins are stuck with Smith's cap hit regardless

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think around $10-12 million for Flacco, yeah.

I don't know the Redskins salary cap situation well enough to know for sure but they have a few guys who would be potential cuts or restructures to make it work.

If they bring back the same coaching staff it's probably more likely they just bring back McCoy & draft someone, though.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Flacco gets talked about so much as being "overrated" that he's actually become underrated. Granted, he's probably still a bottom third QB at this point but he's starting quality and should have a job.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Watched the Saints game last night. They won, of course, but they don't look good at all now. For me, the Bears have to be the nfc favorites at this point.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
For years and years and years, ever since Payton/Brees came in, people have been dogging the Saints, saying they're finesse and one-dimensional and they can only win because of Brees and they don't have a defense and running game they can rely on so they can't win in December and the playoffs.

Now they're winning games by running for 150 yards and giving up 9 points and "they don't look good at all."

LOL. It's just December. This is the way the league works for everybody. When the 4th quarter came along what happened? 14 plays, 79 yards, touchdown. They held the ball for 14 of the final 17 minutes of the game. That's how you win late in the year.

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Watched the Saints game last night. They won, of course, but they don't look good at all now. For me, the Bears have to be the nfc favorites at this point.

I'm a Bears fan, but Saints playing at home makes them the clear favorite. Not that the Bears couldn't win, but it's going to be really hard to win in NO.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm a Bears fan, but Saints playing at home makes them the clear favorite. Not that the Bears couldn't win, but it's going to be really hard to win in NO.
Defensively the saints are going strong right now. So, if I’m betting between which of Brees or trubisky is capable of delivering on a drive in Q4 to win the game against a defense that is playing well I’m going to take Brees.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Flacco gets talked about so much as being "overrated" that he's actually become underrated. Granted, he's probably still a bottom third QB at this point but he's starting quality and should have a job.

No he's not underrated at all. Is he better than Bortles? Yeah but that's a low f***ing bar.

Reactions: Voight

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
After this whole Eli Manning stuff of the past two years I'd be pretty f***ing pissed if they turned to Joe Flacco lol

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I'm not saying Flacco is anybody's "fix" at QB, I'm just saying you could do worse. The Lamar Jackson thing has been working because he'll pull the ball down and run, but they need him to do that because their skill position players on offense are trash. I think if you set Flacco up with a good WR and a decent running game he would be a lot better than people think he is.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

we thank flacco for 2012 but aside from that, its time to move on

he has not played anywhere near the level he should be after signing his extension a few years ago and has basically underachieved since the SB win outside of his 2014 season. he brings the offense down and even though jackson is far from earning my trust, the ravens play since he took over speaks for itself. they're a patrick mahomes miracle pass away from being undefeated in his starts. i hope jags fans are ready for flacco next season. get your alcohol ready

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Fans shouldn't be allowed to vote, it's gotten so bad. Or at least count the fans as 20% of the vote where the other 80% is split between players/coaches and the upper echelon of beat writers or something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad