NFL: 2018 NFL News & Notes discussion thread

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I think Ben’s HOF status is not all it’s cracked up to be myself, but WTF Cam. Have things been going a little too well that you need to diss the other teams QB right before you play them? He’s a weird guy sometimes. Too much of a smart ass for his own good.

Roethisberger career
214 games (212 starts)
143-68-1 record
4,552/7,073 (64.4%)
55,527 yds
359 TD's (+ 19 rushing TD's)
189 INT's
94.2 career rtg

In playoffs
13-8
422/676 (62.4%)
5,256 yds
30 TD's
24 INT
86.5 career rtg

Won 2 SB's as starter

I mean what about his resume is not HOF?

Reactions: tacogeoff

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I don't think he's undeserving of the HOF but I don't think he's a no-brainer first-ballot guy either. Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers are the no brainers of his era, then you start talking about the 5-6-7 spots and is he really any better than Rivers or Ryan? Sure he has two rings, but he also had the good fortune of ending up with the Steelers instead of the Chargers or Falcons. That's not to say he absolutely shouldn't get in, but I think it's not the slam dunk that a lot of people seem to think.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The issue with guys like Rivers and Roethlisberger is that they were never considered the best QB of their era. Same feeling I have with A.J. Green.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The issue with guys like Rivers and Roethlisberger is that they were never considered the best QB of their era. Same feeling I have with A.J. Green.
And Brad park was never the best defenseman.

Personal baggage aside, I think Ben makes it.

I read this article knocking Fatass' HOF case making a superficial comparison to Dave Krieg, which pissed me off. You talk about Krieg's career without mentioning the word "fumble" once, you have no idea what he was about.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I dont think best is the standard. It's more among the best, and Big Ben for sure was among the best when he was on top.

I have no problem letting him in, but as a Browns fan, my opinion might need to be discounted.

I saw him win a whole lot of games over the years against the Browns. So many times they thought they had them beat, but he managed to come back and win. Other times, he would downright thrash them.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
And Brad park was never the best defenseman.

Personal baggage aside, I think Ben makes it.

I read this article knocking Fatass' HOF case making a superficial comparison to Dave Krieg, which pissed me off. You talk about Krieg's career without mentioning the word "fumble" once, you have no idea what he was about.

I think he makes it in too, but I think it might be one the voters let ride for a few years. It looks weird if you're putting in 6-7 QBs from the same era all within a few years of each other.

and then there's all the legal stuff.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think with QB’s and receivers is that both positions are the best they’ve ever been right now and by a lot. And I think writers and voters know that. Like would you rather have Rivers or Len Dawson?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
So apparently Tom Brady hasn't denied that he's injured. Makes sense and while I wouldn't rule out a decline, I think this might pump the breaks a bit on the Brady is done train. With that said, I think the Patriots are a definite one and done in the playoffs this year. Should be fairly easy pickings for any team who plays them.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
So apparently Tom Brady hasn't denied that he's injured. Makes sense and while I wouldn't rule out a decline, I think this might pump the breaks a bit on the Brady is done train. With that said, I think the Patriots are a definite one and done in the playoffs this year. Should be fairly easy pickings for any team who plays them.
Brady noticably faded down the stretch last season after a hot start and it wasn't until the playoffs with the benefit of tons of rest that he started playing well again.

The decline this year was predictable and will be even more pronounced next year.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
for the first time its starting to look like brady might not finish his career in NE

with his comments today about wanting to play past next season and his noticeable decline this year it wouldn't surprise me at all if he pulled a unitas or montana and played his last season with a another team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->