NBA 2018 NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I didn't think the Raptors would win but I didn't expect a sweep. Disappointing result. Also I think you'll see Casey let go by the Raptors as well.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Against Indiana with the Pacers playing the way they did vs Cleveland, there's no way Toronto would have beaten them.

This Raptors team just isn't very good, and something happens to DeRozan once the playoffs begin. He turns into a useless volume shooter and often shoots his team right out of games.

I said a couple of years ago that this team should move on from Kyle Lowry because they can't win with him but I'm realizing that it's not just Lowry, it's DeRozan and maybe even moreso DeRozan. At least Lowry somewhat showed up in this series.

At the end of the day, Raptors fans never should have been optimistic. This is what LeBron wanted. Everyone and their mother knew the Cavs would beat Toronto.

Granted, but now I'm wondering if these Raps would have even made it past the Pacers.

Mental fortitude of a wet sponge.

This is why Washington was so adamant that They could beat Toronto.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
We thought the Caps had the mental fortitude of a wet sponge. If they can overcome their playoff demons, the Raptors should not blow it up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Point God has taken over and is carrying the Rockets right now. The talk of him never getting past the second round can now stop.

Reactions: darko

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Ovechkin and Chris Paul all within a 24-hour span finally make it to round 3!

Last edited:

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Rockets/Warriors will be an epic WCF

Yeah the Rockets have been talking about that matchup all season. Hope they can bring it. Adding Paul, overhauling the defense, we'll see if it works. They took two of three during the season and have the home court, so confidence shouldn't be an issue. I'll say Rockets in 7 just for the heck of it. Can't ask for a better challenge.

The winner of course will annihilate whoever comes out of the East even if it's Cleveland. I knew Toronto offered nothing as usual and Boston might be too banged up to do anything but with their coaching who knows, Steven is great.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Warriors defense is quite better then Houston’s. Who the heck is going to cover KD?

See that's what a lot of people are saying/have said without realizing Houston's defense has improved a great deal this season with their additions, not just Paul.

In the regular season, Houston actually had the better overall defense, ranked #6, (they were like 19th the year before) the Warriors were #9. In the postseason, the Warriors are #1, the Rockets #2. So the argument that GS has a much better defense really isn't the same as the last two meetings.

Each team has a bunch of guys to throw at each other's scorers, but both are so good offensively too. The scores of all three matchups during the season were high.

Golden State is still by far the favorite, but it wouldn't shock me one bit to see Houston make them work for it at least.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
See that's what a lot of people are saying/have said without realizing Houston's defense has improved a great deal this season with their additions, not just Paul.

In the regular season, Houston actually had the better overall defense, ranked #6, (they were like 19th the year before) the Warriors were #9. In the postseason, the Warriors are #1, the Rockets #2. So the argument that GS has a much better defense really isn't the same as the last two meetings.

Each team has a bunch of guys to throw at each other's scorers, but both are so good offensively too. The scores of all three matchups during the season were high.

Golden State is still by far the favorite, but it wouldn't shock me one bit to see Houston make them work for it at least.

Head to head matchups dont mean much especially in the regular season but other that ya I agree the Rockets will be the toughest test for the Warriors in a little while

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Head to head matchups dont mean much especially in the regular season but other that ya I agree the Rockets will be the toughest test for the Warriors in a little while

Head to head is small sample for sure. But my point was overall Houston's defense has improved tremendously this year. And the Rockets offense will be a big step up from a toothless Spurs team and one dimensional Pelicans.

On the flip side, Utah had the best defense in the league this year. The Rockets overall went 8-1 vs. them with an average margin of victory of 16 points and scoring an average of 112 pts.

Now, all that is great, but does it mean they can beat GS in 4 of 7? Who knows. But they don't have the garbage defense of even a couple years ago anymore. Hopefully they'll at least make the Warriors sweat.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
A Celtics-Rockets final would be pretty sweet.

Change it up a bit, why not? :laugh:

This is of course assuming Boston snuffs out that comeback and takes care of Philly.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Houston/Golden State is the real NBA Finals. I think Warriors take the series in 6 games.
I also take GSW in 6.

All about how each team matches up to their opponents.

Expect KD to take over a game or 2 in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad