NBA 2018 NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
A fire hydrant could coach the Cavs and they'd still win.

Anyone who thinks Ty Lue is outcoaching Casey.... LeBron can anyone look good.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
You joke but I'm about to take back what I said about just running it back because they don't have much of a choice. The Raptors are going out like a bunch of chumps.
Unfortunately I'm just not sure this team can get any better than this. So don't really see a 'solution'

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lol joke franchise. 59 wins and swept in the 2nd round. It was obvious against Washington that they weren’t very good.

Reactions: irunthepeg

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Unfortunately I'm just not sure this team can get any better than this. So don't really see a 'solution'

Unfortunately I dont think any team beats Lebron in the East unless his play dramatically falls off. Lebron was smart staying in the east all those years basically assuring himself of a NBA finals berth.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Ten straights losses to Cleveland in the playoffs...

116-78
113-87
116-105
125-103
115-94
109-102
113-112 (OT)
128-110
105-103
128-93

Total: Cavs 1,168 - Raptors 987

Cleveland's average margin of victory is 18.1 points.

For the seven games played in Cleveland in the last three playoffs (all Cavs' wins), the average score is 116.1-93.9 (22.2 points).

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Unfortunately I dont think any team beats Lebron in the East unless his play dramatically falls off. Lebron was smart staying in the east all those years basically assuring himself of a NBA finals berth.

Are we sure the Cavs will run this whole team back next year?

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Ten straights losses to Cleveland in the playoffs...

116-78
113-87
116-105
125-103
115-94
109-102
113-112 (OT)
128-110
105-103
128-93

Total: Cavs 1,168 - Raptors 987

Cleveland's average margin of victory is 16.1 points.

For the seven games played in Cleveland in the last three playoffs (all Cavs' wins), the average score is 116.1-93.9 (22.2 points).

That's just sad.

Even though Toronto did win a round, they might go down as one of the worst #1 seeds in NBA history. At least on par with the 2015 Hawks.

But at least the Hawks can say they made it to the ECF that year.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
DeRozan and Lowry are very good players. But neither of them is a great player and it's rare for a team without a great player to win a championship in the NBA. '04 Pistons did it and before that you have to go back to the Seattle SuperSonics in '79.

Reactions: cpsman

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
DeRozan and Lowry are very good players. But neither of them is a great player and it's rare for a team without a great player to win a championship in the NBA. '04 Pistons did it and before that you have to go back to the Seattle SuperSonics in '79.

On the night Ovechkin conquered his ghosts, Lowry and DeRozan remain stymied by their bugaboo.

Just goes to show how different hockey stars vis a vis basketball stars in the playoffs.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
On the night one team conquered their demons (Caps/Pens), another can't.

Kinda ironic in a way- Ovechkin conquered his white whale (OT assist), the Raptors still can't.

What does that say about hockey/basketball?

Pittsburgh had as big a mental edge as any team can have over another save for BOS/MTL back in the day, but even THAT changed.

Ovechkin has had bigger demons, yet he finally conquers his ghost.

The Pens may be gone, but the Cavs are still hanging around.

Now that PIT lost, Cleveland is basically the new closest thing for now to an Eastern Conference inevitability.

On the same night the Capitals conquered THEIR demons...... go figure.

WAS was basically the Generals against Pittsburgh for years.... and we just saw them overcome even bigger baggage.

Funny thing is that his contract (139 million) isn’t that far off from Ovechkin’s (124 million).

What a night of opposites.

On the night Ovechkin conquered his ghosts, Lowry and DeRozan remain stymied by their bugaboo.

Just goes to show how different hockey stars vis a vis basketball stars in the playoffs.

We get it caps won raps lost lol .

Reactions: Gecklund

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010

I think this highlights how basketball and hockey are truly different in that hockey is really a team sport. Rarely can you have one superstar carry you to the cup (maybe the raaare exception being the goalie, but even then you need someone to score to win).

A basketball team can be pretty balanced and have lots of depth, but if they have no stars, they have nobody to take over. Players like Curry, Lebron, Durant, Harden, etc.... these guys can take it to another level and pull their team through because they are on the court for the majority of the game, and also can't be touched (officials will protect all these guys, giving them all the free throws they want).

Hockey on the other hand rewards depth way more than basketball. Hockey is truly a team sport.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So let me get this straight.

Indiana takes them to seven games, giving the Cavs all they can handle before bowing out.

Toronto, on the other hand, cant even win one single game. After they lost Game 2 I knew itd be their last home game.

Something's gotta give. Move out Lowry, finally, or trade DD out west. Dont pin it on Casey, this team just does not have what it takes to win in the playoffs

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
So let me get this straight.

Indiana takes them to seven games, giving the Cavs all they can handle before bowing out.

Toronto, on the other hand, cant even win one single game. After they lost Game 2 I knew itd be their last home game.

Something's gotta give. Move out Lowry, finally, or trade DD out west. Dont pin it on Casey, this team just does not have what it takes to win in the playoffs
Some teams match up better against others.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Against Indiana with the Pacers playing the way they did vs Cleveland, there's no way Toronto would have beaten them.

This Raptors team just isn't very good, and something happens to DeRozan once the playoffs begin. He turns into a useless volume shooter and often shoots his team right out of games.

I said a couple of years ago that this team should move on from Kyle Lowry because they can't win with him but I'm realizing that it's not just Lowry, it's DeRozan and maybe even moreso DeRozan. At least Lowry somewhat showed up in this series.

At the end of the day, Raptors fans never should have been optimistic. This is what LeBron wanted. Everyone and their mother knew the Cavs would beat Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad