NBA 2018 NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Shows how things go in the NBA. 10 days ago people were tagging the Sixers to roll to the Finals. Now they've been dumped by an injury-ravaged Boston team and honestly they've missed out on a golden opportunity as weak as the East is.

Picking Boston in the East. Cleveland needed the superhuman efforts of James just to scrape by a very mediocre Indiana team, getting blown out three times in the process. Boston might be beat up but their coaching has been terrific and should not be understated. Boston in 6 or 7.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cavs over Celtics in 6
Warriors over Rockets in 6

All I want is for the Warriors/Rockets series to be competitive. That's the match up we've been waiting for since last summer and it'd really suck if the Warriors just ran through them.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Cavs over Celtics in 6
Warriors over Rockets in 6

All I want is for the Warriors/Rockets series to be competitive. That's the match up we've been waiting for since last summer and it'd really suck if the Warriors just ran through them.

I keep saying, Houston is much better overall than last year, when they were 19th on defense and 1-3 vs. the Warriors, each loss a blowout. This year they were 6th on D, and 2-1 vs. the Warriors and other than maybe one game, have looked very good this postseason.

That being said GS probably still wins in five lol. But hey if a shmuck team like New Orleans can beat them once, maybe Houston can make them work a little more.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I keep saying, Houston is much better overall than last year, when they were 19th on defense and 1-3 vs. the Warriors, each loss a blowout. This year they were 6th on D, and 2-1 vs. the Warriors and other than maybe one game, have looked very good this postseason.

That being said GS probably still wins in five lol. But hey if a shmuck team like New Orleans can beat them once, maybe Houston can make them work a little more.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of and it wouldn't be surprising at all. The Warriors like to screw around at times but I think they'll be dialed in against the Rockets and Kerr finally decided to start and give big minutes to his best lineup.

Slowing down Durant will obviously be a key and guys like Ariza, Tucker, and Luc (won't even try to spell his last name) will probably take turns defending him. There's no stopping Durant but maybe they can make him work.

Last edited:

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of and it wouldn't be surprising at all. The Warriors like to screw around at times but I think they'll be dialed in against the Rockets and Kerr finally decided to start and give big minutes to his best lineup.

Slowing down Durant will obviously be a key and guys like Ariza, Tucker, and Luc (won't even try to spell his last name) will probably take turns defending him. There's no stopping Durant but maybe they can make him work.

Rockets will be dialed in too, that's what they've been talking about all year, getting a shot at the Warriors. They got there, so hopefully they'll give them all they have.

Ah f* it. Rockets in five baby!

Reactions: darko

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
I dunno. Cavs have awful team speed and LeBron has been walking/resting on defense the entire playoffs in order to save himself for crunch time. Cleveland should be the favourites but no way this will be a short series IMO.

As for Dubs/Rockets, this series feels like Batman and Superman vs the Avengers. Whereas Houston is a legit 65-win team, G-State seems to me like a 70+ win team disguised as a 58-win team. Maybe the Warriors goof around a bit, but it's hard to see them losing even if all the advanced metrics point to a different result.

Reactions: Stylizer1

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
I cant see the Rockets winning 4 games against the Warriors. They are primarly a iso ball team where as the Warriors share the ball better then any team and also have the most talented team

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Im not a NBA fan..it seems the celtics are almost always a top team.?
It also seems that star plsyers are trafed often enough in this league.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nobody in the east is beating LeBron lol, let alone beating him in less than 7 games. LeBron will make damn sure he wins 3 games on his own and if it goes 7, don't even think twice about who is going to win. It's LeBron.

Now, he's going to get wrecked in the finals but that's not his fault.

Reactions: Voight

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Pretty sure the Warriors are still favored to win this series. But I gotta ask. Is this the first conference final matchup that has the team with the better record as the underdog since 2002? Pretty sure the Lakers were still favored against the Kings in 2002.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Pretty sure the Warriors are still favored to win this series. But I gotta ask. Is this the first conference final matchup that has the team with the better record as the underdog since 2002? Pretty sure the Lakers were still favored against the Kings in 2002.
Lakers were only favored by those who got wind of the NBA's "instructons". Everyone knew the Kings were a better team.

Reactions: Stylizer1

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
People are really expecting LEBRON James, the KING to lose in 5 or 6 games. Are you serious, are you on drugs? Lebron is going back to the finals, it's that simple.

The KING needed seven games to get by the mediocre, five-seeded Indiana Pacers, and their combined wins were by a total of 11 points so they squeaked out every one, while getting blown out in two of their three losses. Sure. LeBron is the favorite, but it's funny how easy people now are saying he'll walk to the Finals when he already almost lost to a junk team. The only reason he'll get there is because the East is pathetically weak, Boston is banged up and Toronto once again shriveled up at the very sight of him.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'd be surprised if the Celtics get through 6 competitive games before bowing out. Cleveland is a flawed team, but they have vets they can rely on - something Milwaukee and Philly didn't really have. As a Celtics fan, I thought they were going to be one and done this year, so they've exceeded my expectations and the experience their young guys are getting right now has to bode well for next year. If the C's are healthy next year, I like their chances then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad