NBA 2018 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Melo is also considering Miami...... guess he could care less about winning a championship.

As a Heat fan I wouldn't want that because they should be focused on development of their young players but I think it makes more sense than some other places if he still wants to start and be a scoring option. Any chance of winning next year would be gone but that's likely the case anywhere unless he goes to the Warriors for the minimum. He isn't buying in and passing those Pat Riley conditioning and body fat tests though so we can probably forget about this. All signs point to him going to the Rockets once his buyout gets finalized.

edit:

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Miami is of interest because of lifestyle & Banana Boat buddy D-Wade. Yea I suppose he could still be a factor there but Houston is the only team with a chance to beat Golden State so why not at least try to win there. But whatever, if he wants to retire as 0 rings Melo that's his choice.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Desperate times call for desperate measures so I kinda get it but their focus should be on giving those minutes to Winslow, Richardson, and Jones Jr. With or without Melo, their ceiling it probably a 6-8 seed and then first round exit. It sounds like Melo is going to the Rockets though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He's one of the most insecure athletes in history.

For a guy that wants everyone to like him, he sure goes about it a strange way. I mean, he had to know going to GSW would trigger this reaction in people and it isn't stopping any time soon so he should just stay away from this stuff. Unless it gives him some type of weird pleasure, which I doubt it does because he seems genuinely annoyed whenever people call him out.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
He's one of the most insecure athletes in history.

For a guy that wants everyone to like him, he sure goes about it a strange way. I mean, he had to know going to GSW would trigger this reaction in people and it isn't stopping any time soon so he should just stay away from this stuff. Unless it gives him some type of weird pleasure, which I doubt it does because he seems genuinely annoyed whenever people call him out.
He's a loser at heart.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah it's pathetic that one of the best players in the world cares about what some random 12 year old kid tells him on instagram or twitter

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
udonis haslem is still playing for the heat?

lolwut

How are we defining "playing"? Haha. He's basically an assistant coach on the bench and Whiteside's babysitter. They'll probably keep giving him the minimum and then move him to the coaching staff or front office when he's ready.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think KD is one of the best scorers of all time and one of the most unguardable players in league history, but that man will forever have an asterisk beside his name for every accomplishment post-OKC playing days.

I'll bet almost all former NBAers, especially the greats, don't have very much respect for KD.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Anyone watching the summer league? I feel like Ayton has flown a bit under the radar. No unbelievable highlights, but the guy always finds a way to put up numbers and badly outplayed his nearest comps in Bagley and Bamba.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think KD is one of the best scorers of all time and one of the most unguardable players in league history, but that man will forever have an asterisk beside his name for every accomplishment post-OKC playing days.

I'll bet almost all former NBAers, especially the greats, don't have very much respect for KD.

Going to disagree with you there.

Reactions: cgf

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
People will always bring up joining a 73-9 team he lost to.

They will, but he isn't the first nor the last star to switch teams to chase a ring in his prime.

Food for thought

GSW in the playoffs

2 seasons before KD - 31-14

2 seasons w/ him - 32-6, with 3 coming against Houston this year.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm sure being a european football fan first & foremost influences my thinking here, but I love seeing a really great team take a sport to new heights...even if competitiveness goes down as a result of their dominance. And KD helped GSW go from a great team to possibly the greatest team of all time...with a real shot at not just 3 peating this season, but doing what even MJ couldn't & getting that 4-peat.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I have no issues with what GSW did - as I said in the Boogie thread, improve your team by all means.

But I can't ever respect what Kevin Durant did. Up 3-1 and you blow the series, missing many key shots down the stretch in games, and then you actually go and sign with that team that just whooped you? It's the ultimate punk move. To me, and I'm sure to many (both fans and legendary NBA'ers) he will forever be the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" guy. That's not a good look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad