2018 MLB Trade Speculation Thread

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
If they decide to be sellers, they would be really dumb to keep Harper. I find it very unlikely he would want to stick with the Nats after they declare themselves sellers.

Why? Not saying harper wont leave but lets not act like the nats wont be able to compete next year. They still gonna have rendon, Turner, eaton, zimmerman, scherzer, Strasburg, roark, doolittle etc. Plus the emergence of juan soto plus victor robles

Now will that keep harper in dc, who knows but the nats have the offense to keep going next year with or without harper

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As a fan of rebuilding team I hate that BS logic

Giving away asset at lesser package just to entice team to eat more $$$ in deal

ML teams make a ton of $$$ so any owner using that strategy deserves to be bashed by media/fans

Harming franchise longterm just to save owner a few mil

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Why? Not saying harper wont leave but lets not act like the nats wont be able to compete next year. They still gonna have rendon, Turner, eaton, zimmerman, scherzer, Strasburg, roark, doolittle etc. Plus the emergence of juan soto plus victor robles

Now will that keep harper in dc, who knows but the nats have the offense to keep going next year with or without harper

7 years in a row where you fail to win a playoff series is probably time for a fresh start somewhere else. They're not gonan trade him but if they miss the playoffs he's gone in my mind.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

Zero championships and the team sells in his contract year? Not to mention that he’s going to pick a team that will offer huge term. I just don’t see him staying.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
You could be right, i just dont see many players turning down the opportunity to be "the man" in a baseball city
I think he'll stay as long as the Nats put in an offer that's very competitive with the best offer he gets (assuming some other team puts in a better off than them). But there are several baseball cities where he can be the man and have playoff success too, and some of those teams will probably offer him obscene money.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

the nats said they are likely only trading relievers if they do trade someone i.e madson, kelley, herrera etc

only problem is there is 4 days til the deadline, the nats are 4.5 games out, could be 3.5 if they win and braves lose. trading harper now wouldnt make sense regardless of the return

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
In the midst of their bullpen shuffling today the Cardinals traded Sam Tuiavailala to the Mariners for Seth Elledge who I know nothing about.

Also are trying to find takers for Holland and Lyons after DFA'ing them. Another roster space was created by DLing Cecil, yet again.

Weaver and Poncedeleon are back up and Dakota Hudson and Tyler Webb have been called up for the MLB debuts. Weaver's starting tonight, the rest are going to the pen. Gomber is moving to the pen too.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Only way the Natinals are trading Harper is if they know he doesn't want to resign.

They already feel like the NL Tigers to me in some ways as it is. They had several chances and couldn't get it done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad