2018 MLB Trade Speculation Thread

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Potentially there could be quite a few quality 3B available this year with Machado, Donaldson and Moustakas

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I imagine guys like Jose Abreu , Nate Jones , Bruce Rondon and James Shields will be available froM White Sox

Abreu and Jones should get quality returns. Shields is pitching better this year for dreadful team so some team looking for vet #5 with expiring contract may want him and send Sox some longshot prospect or prospect for him

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I hope Houston goes hard after Kelvin Herrera and or Brad Hand. Another bat would be nice as well. I know some fans wants Abreu but I think the cost will be too high(would rather over pay for a pitcher). Former Astro, Jed Lowrie would be nice and won't cost as much as Abreu(is he even available?). The combo of McCann/Stassi has been good so not sure if they still have interest in Realmuto. Obviously Tucker and Whitley are untouchables. I hope Corbin Martin doesn't get traded.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
I hope Houston goes hard after Kelvin Herrera and or Brad Hand. Another bat would be nice as well. I know some fans wants Abreu but I think the cost will be too high(would rather over pay for a pitcher). Former Astro, Jed Lowrie would be nice and won't cost as much as Abreu(is he even available?). The combo of McCann/Stassi has been good so not sure if they still have interest in Realmuto. Obviously Tucker and Whitley are untouchables. I hope Corbin Martin doesn't get traded.
Since the Astros practically have an open DH spot, I think they should target Nick Castellanos. The Tigers will certainly make him available; being a bat-first player, the price will most likely not be overly high (albeit Castellanos has one year of arbitration left).

Gruß,
BSHH

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
jays would be smart to deal donaldson at the deadline

doesn't look like they're going to make any noise this year and the way he's been playing, looks like he could be on the decline

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Since the Astros practically have an open DH spot, I think they should target Nick Castellanos. The Tigers will certainly make him available; being a bat-first player, the price will most likely not be overly high (albeit Castellanos has one year of arbitration left).

Gruß,
BSHH
His numbers looks good. What kind of prospects would it take? Also he plays RF but saw 3B as well. So if he can do both or be a DH, could replace Marwin Gonzalez next year as the utility guy.

Oct 18, 2011
Angels need bullpen help these guys keep blowing games left and right. Other than that I'm pretty happy with the roster. Surely Calhaun can't be the worst starter in baseball forever right?

Oct 18, 2011
Don't get me started on Albert and his sensitive ego. Scioscia is a joke for continuing to bat him 4th

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
His numbers looks good. What kind of prospects would it take? Also he plays RF but saw 3B as well. So if he can do both or be a DH, could replace Marwin Gonzalez next year as the utility guy.
Castellanos' defense has always been subpar, if not worse. He may get by in RF or at 3B in a pinch, but having an open DH spot really helps. His BA might be due for some regression, but his BB% and his ISO are a bit lower than usual, so his OPS should be sustainable. Castellanos usually has a stronger second half, as well.

Although it happened almost a year ago, the J.D. Martinez trade might help to gauge Castellanos' value: Compared to Martinez, Castellanos offers less production at the plate, but he is a lesser liability in the field and better on the basepaths. He is controllable throughout 2019.

There is no other contender with a similar need for a player like Castellanos, so Houston would not have to enter into some tough sweepstakes here. Assuming they will draft Mize next week, the Tigers will be seeking a higher-rated prospect (since they have some depth already), who is a position player and does not need to be in the upper minors already. Houston's #5 prospect - SS/3B Freudis Nova - would fit that bill perfectly (even more so, since Houston's infield seems to be set for years to come)...

Gruß,
BSHH

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Castellanos' defense has always been subpar, if not worse. He may get by in RF or at 3B in a pinch, but having an open DH spot really helps. His BA might be due for some regression, but his BB% and his ISO are a bit lower than usual, so his OPS should be sustainable. Castellanos usually has a stronger second half, as well.

Although it happened almost a year ago, the J.D. Martinez trade might help to gauge Castellanos' value: Compared to Martinez, Castellanos offers less production at the plate, but he is a lesser liability in the field and better on the basepaths. He is controllable throughout 2019.

There is no other contender with a similar need for a player like Castellanos, so Houston would not have to enter into some tough sweepstakes here. Assuming they will draft Mize next week, the Tigers will be seeking a higher-rated prospect (since they have some depth already), who is a position player and does not need to be in the upper minors already. Houston's #5 prospect - SS/3B Freudis Nova - would fit that bill perfectly (even more so, since Houston's infield seems to be set for years to come)...

Gruß,
BSHH
Houston is in an interesting spot. Gattis is starting to play a lot better so do they stick with him as the DH? The bullpen is starting to struggle again(a couple of games ago, they were statistically one of the best but imo it was misleading). Do tehy dip into their prospects pool in a trade for a DH or pitching? I can't see them doing both. Minor league call ups Kemp and Davis are doing well. I wonder if they'll stick with either of those as a DH if Gattis struggles again. Or when McCann is starting, have Stassi DH. It'll be interesting to see what they do come trade deadline time.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
with the season jed lowrie is having it's going to be really interesting to see what the A's can get in return for him at the deadline

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
with the season jed lowrie is having it's going to be really interesting to see what the A's can get in return for him at the deadline
He's at just under a 3-war player and we're just at the half way point. They should get a few decent pieces for him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How many games out do the Nats have to fall before they actually consider trading Harper?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad