2018 MLB Trade Speculation Thread

darko

Feb 16, 2009
And the Dodgers aren’t good enough to win anything. If you ask me their window is gone. They had it from 2015-2017 and now it’s not to say they can’t do it, I just don’t think they can do it without help from some other teams being knocked off. Also I don’t think Machado signs in LA. He’s going to Philly or New York. By New York I obviously mean the Yankees

Dodgers are the best team in AL. That's without Machado. Their window is definitely not closed.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Corey Seager has the look of an old school New York Yankee, just saying if Dodgers need to lose him or Turner now.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Brewers seem like a team that should make a big move, they’re so close yet the Cubs will be tough to catch and the NL Wild Card race is looking epic right now.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah, I think LAD tries hard to sign him. An infield of Bellinger/Seager/Turner/Machado locked up for the next couple of years is pretty nuts. When Turner's contract is over you shuffle things a bit.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Well sure, that would be a great lineup, but the Dodgers payroll is at, what....$190 mil? Kershaw's bump plus Machado would be a huge bump.

Reactions: amj h

amj h

Apr 11, 2018
Trading Trout would replenish the farm system big time.. They should do it. Trout won't resign and with Pujols contract it's doubtful the Angels would break the bank.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Trading Trout would replenish the farm system big time.. They should do it. Trout won't resign and with Pujols contract it's doubtful the Angels would break the bank.

You don't think Moreno would break the bank for the unquestioned best player of this era/potentially the best since Ruth?

& sure you could get a massive haul, but thats impossible to sell to your fans. He's a 10+ win player.

amj h

Apr 11, 2018
You don't think Moreno would break the bank for the unquestioned best player of this era/potentially the best since Ruth?

& sure you could get a massive haul, but thats impossible to sell to your fans. He's a 10+ win player.
I don't think they win with him often enough. Mike's gonna leave and go to a younger, better team and still get paid.

Losing Trout and getting nothing is gonna hurt.

If the Angels want to resign him they can trade him, get prospects and then break the bank when he is a free agent. Win win.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think they win with him often enough. Mike's gonna leave and go to a younger, better team and still get paid.

Losing Trout and getting nothing is gonna hurt.

If the Angels want to resign him they can trade him, get prospects and then break the bank when he is a free agent. Win win.

The thing with Trout is he LIKES that he can play in anonymity and not have to deal with the big-city stuff like media and attention. The other teams (besides Anaheim) that can theoretically afford him in free agency are almost all big cities where he'd have to deal with a lot more media and attention - NY, the Dodgers, Philly, Boston, Chicago.

Reactions: Voight

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The thing with Trout is he LIKES that he can play in anonymity and not have to deal with the big-city stuff like media and attention. The other teams (besides Anaheim) that can theoretically afford him in free agency are almost all big cities where he'd have to deal with a lot more media and attention - NY, the Dodgers, Philly, Boston, Chicago.

If the Angels don't start competing for the playoffs (doesn't look that way with their farm system and the division), he will have to make a decision if anonymity is more important than winning. He has made the playoffs once in seven seasons (assuming there isn't a miracle this year for them).

Reactions: amj h

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad