2018 MLB Regular Season Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
They called a Blue Jays/Yankees game in the 7th inning a few weeks back when the score was 5-3

Does that game really have playoff implications? Yankees were probably 99.9% probability of making the playoffs at that point and the Blue Jays were long out of the playoff discussion. That's not the same as a team holding onto the second wildcard by 1.5 games over two teams, 2 games over another team and 3 games over another.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah seattle would be going nowhere without diaz

crazy how good they've been in 1 run games this season. and its pretty obvious why

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Cubs doing what the Cubs do- win

Looks like the list of AL teams with a better record is getting shorter, now only three teams.

Ain't that something? But then again, this is the time of the year where we must start trimming the fat of the teams that are actually WS contenders and those just having strong mid-season runs.

I have to admit, Javier Baez is pretty much locking down MVP for the NL. The Khalil Mack of MLB it seems.

And the scary thing? Kris Bryant is just getting back into ML shape.

#everybodyin #litpapi

Reactions: PanthersPens62

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Looks like the list of AL teams with a better record is getting shorter, now only three teams.

Ain't that something? But then again, this is the time of the year where we must start trimming the fat of the teams that are actually WS contenders and those just having strong mid-season runs.

I have to admit, Javier Baez is pretty much locking down MVP for the NL. The Khalil Mack of MLB it seems.

#everybodyin #litpapi

The Cubs are basically the only NL team I see having any chance to win the World Series. To me anyone else in there winning it would be remote. The pitching rotations of the other teams just aren’t deep enough to match up unless someone fluky like Oakland came out of the AL. Arizona has a decent peasant rotation in that I took they look good during the regular season vs pedestrian or bad teams but they do not match up well once they’re facing elite lineups

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Umpire Cowboy Joe West is making up his own rules again. An index card is not a foreign substance.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

#everybodyin #litpapi
You're bragging about being nothing more than percentage points ahead of a team that is not only missing their entire rotation, but plays harder competition than the flubs?

What less did I expect.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
a team with the likes of bryant, baez, rizzo, contreras, lester, and hamels has the same record as a team with zero household names and an AAA starting rotation and KBIB is bragging about it

lols

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
a team with the likes of bryant, baez, rizzo, contreras, lester, and hamels has the same record as a team with zero household names and an AAA starting rotation and KBIB is bragging about it

lols

I enjoyed the quiet time without him here while it lasted.... :ha:

The Cubs are basically the only NL team I see having any chance to win the World Series. To me anyone else in there winning it would be remote. The pitching rotations of the other teams just aren’t deep enough to match up unless someone fluky like Oakland came out of the AL. Arizona has a decent peasant rotation in that I took they look good during the regular season vs pedestrian or bad teams but they do not match up well once they’re facing elite lineups

Dodgers don't look as lethal as last year but I really do think they'll at least return to the series this year.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Anything can happen in playoff baseball regardless of record.

Whoever wins the NL has a chance because baseball, unlike the other major sports, is the one whose playoff doesn’t always reward its best team.

We’re just a few years removed from a World Series where both teams played in the Wild Card showdown and had under 90 wins.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
You're bragging about being nothing more than percentage points ahead of a team that is not only missing their entire rotation, but plays harder competition than the flubs?

What less did I expect.
Wait, the Cubs didn't have inuries?

The whole "woah is me" act is a meme. It's the ML, either step up or fall. Every team has injuries and I'll take the tougher NL central that the Cubs at this moment are dominating then a weaker AL West that has two Marquee bad teams in the Angels and Rangers.

It's a testament to the A's scouting that they have stayed high in the standings for as long as they have. And while I'm not at the point to take them seriously, I'm sure there are a few people that do, and good for them.

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Baez is the first Cub with 5 triples, 20 bags, 30 dingers, and 100 RBIs.

The pre-Ricketts Cubs were so lame you won't believe this stat. Kenny Lofton would be 2nd in Career bWAR on the Cubs all-time HITTERS bWAR list. No disrespect meant to the great base stealer who stole 622 bags.

Last edited by a moderator:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The pre-Ricketts Cubs were so lame you won't believe this stat. Kenny Lofton would be 2nd in Career bWAR on the Cubs all-time HITTERS bWAR list. No disrespect meant to the great base stealer who stole 622 bags.

And Lofton only played four months with the Cubs!

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Fair play to White Sox who are giving Sawx equally hard time as they did to Yankees.

I can't complain about Lance Lynn, he is who we thought he is. But I don't get how you put in a scrub in a relatively close game. Like, why give up so easily?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Wait, the Cubs didn't have inuries?

The whole "woah is me" act is a meme. It's the ML, either step up or fall. Every team has injuries and I'll take the tougher NL central that the Cubs at this moment are dominating then a weaker AL West that has two Marquee bad teams in the Angels and Rangers.

It's a testament to the A's scouting that they have stayed high in the standings for as long as they have. And while I'm not at the point to take them seriously, I'm sure there are a few people that do, and good for them.
Do the Dodgers take the Cubs seriously?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So is the NL this year's equivalent of the NBA Eastern Conference or the AFC- THAT much weaker a league/conference compared to its contemporary?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Love that Ian Desmond still getting starts every day this late in the year against righties.

Love it!

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
So is the NL this year's equivalent of the NBA Eastern Conference or the AFC- THAT much weaker a league/conference compared to its contemporary?
This and his Finals record are why LeBron is not top 5 all time.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Acuna Matata one more time.

How many saves has Diaz blown this season if any?

Not counting the All Star Game, the only one I absolutely remember in a game that counts was against the Dodgers a few weeks back.

4 blown saves - Mariners won every game he blew a save in though.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Even when it's 2 teams hopelessly out of it, I guess I gotta post it:

clownpound.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad