2018 MLB Regular Season Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I mean, like I posted in the last thread, I think Scherzer is the NL MVP frontrunner right now. But he's a pitcher on a team that may not make the playoffs, so... (not that it matters to me, but still)

Also, I think J.D. Martinez would win the AL MVP if the season ended today because home runs and RBI even though Betts, Trout, Ramirez and Lindor all have much better cases than he does.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Feel bad for Scherzer.

Left for a team with a longer contention window. Got paid, has stayed healthy and has continued to deliver. Yet he might just be on the NL version of the Tigers.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Last Sunday night: We will not see a bigger 9th inning implosion with a 3 run lead than Aroldis Chapman.

Ryan Madson: Hold My Beer

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
What do the current Cy Young frontrunners (in my opinion) have in common?

The Diamondbacks traded both players away.

(Yes, Sale has been ridiculous, but Bauer has pitched 20 more innings with not much of a dropoff at all for stats.)

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
We saw the Yankees pick up the pieces somewhat after their Sunday night disaster (6-1 since).

We’ll see what the Nats do going forward.

Last edited:

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What’s a worse way to lose- the Yankees last Sunday night or the Nationals tonight?

Both were up 3 runs with only 1 out left in the ninth

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
What’s a worse way to lose- the Yankees last Sunday night or the Nationals tonight?

Both were up 3 runs with only 1 out left in the ninth

Both teams had errors that would've ended the game so I have to go with Nats. At least Chapman walked the Red Sox and they had to lay off pitches. Madson just hit them and didn't even force them to work the count and earn their way on base.

Edit: Just looked at the box score and they didn't give Difo an error on that grounder. lol okay drunk scorekeeper.

Reactions: Otto

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Man, I turned the channel when Zimmerman knocked in 2 runs to make it 3-0 figuring that was the game. Stupid me. :laugh:

#ThatsCub #EverybodyIn

They lead the MLB in come from behind wins... Can't turn your back on them

What's great is that Bote's slam was the only hit of the inning. Hayward reaches on an infield single (should have been an error, but whatever) Almora gets hit and Contreras gets hit.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
A's-M's 3 game set starts today followed by a 3 game set with HOU

giphy.gif

Reactions: Clowe Me

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Can't believe the Braves beat the Brewers yesterday. Milwaukee only gets 7 runs with 19 hits and a bunch of walks (seems mathematically impossible) while the Braves gets less than half the number of hits. Wha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad