2018 MLB Regular Season Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Orioles beat the Yankees again. Wow.

Red Sox up 3 and a half now.

As for the Braves...they also had a 3 game set at NYY and 4 gamer at MIL. That was a tough stretch...

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
It's like the Orioles only give a damn when they play the Yankees. They didn't even bother showing up in Minnesota this past weekend.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Braves have turned into a complete dumpster fire other than the Cardinals series sweep. They need lots of help if they even want to make it as a wild card team. Can't keep relying on other teams injuries/mediocre play to make it. But I also hope they don't do anything too drastic. We're a bit ahead of schedule in the rebuild but we still need as much talent on the farm as possible.

Yeah, I wouldn't trade any of those younger guys (Gohara, Riley, etc.) to try to make a run.

Blackmon

Mullet
Jun 23, 2018
Cambridge Bay, NU
Colorado's pitching has been absolutely unreal as of late. Tyler Anderson and Kyle Freeland are looking like legitimate aces. Dunno if it'll last, but if these guys can keep playing even close to as well as they're playing, the Rockies are a legitimate contender to win the NL West.

Also, for all the flack Charlie Blackmon has gotten lately, he's been on fire ever since he got that one game off.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What a world we live in where the Rockies starting pitching is a strength rather than a weakness.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Colorado's pitching has been absolutely unreal as of late. Tyler Anderson and Kyle Freeland are looking like legitimate aces. Dunno if it'll last, but if these guys can keep playing even close to as well as they're playing, the Rockies are a legitimate contender to win the NL West.

Meanwhile, Jon Gray is in the minors with the 4th best xFIP in the majors...

He's arguably been the unluckiest pitcher in the majors this year.

Reactions: darko

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
And now the Astros have their own 9th inning implosion after entering up 4 runs. Bauer and Verlander both get robbed of wins.

Those A's are something awesome right now.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I was watching the D-Backs postgame show. The graphics department ACTUALLY had "XXX" for a stat for David Peralta. (Sorry, no pic.) I'm sure that won't be a problem...

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Of all the ways for the A’s first loss this year in a game they led after 7/8 innings......

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
As for the Braves...they also had a 3 game set at NYY and 4 gamer at MIL. That was a tough stretch...

Braves are garbage right now. Combination of bad pitching happening at the same time their offense goes in the can. They've been outscored 43-23 over the last couple weeks. Brutal.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
lucroy owes treinen some drinks for that embarrassing performance

In fairness, Treinen did walk the leadoff batter and then allowed the single by Tucker before the madness began, so he got himself in hot water to begin with.

Giles needs to be sent down to AA. AJ keeps giving him chance after chance and he's been useless. Supposedly he was cursing at AJ leaving the field last night.

Nice to see Tucker up and getting some quality playing time and hits. Kids got talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad