2018 MLB Regular Season Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I'll be honest with the Nats being in the situation they're currently in..if they keep losing ground over the next weeks (and there's a series with Atlanta after the All-Star break that's crucial)..shouldn't they trade Harper? It's a long, long shot that he re-signs in D.C. and if they're 7-8 games out by the deadline, it'd be pretty irresponsible not to at least try to get something in return for the rebuild.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I'll be honest with the Nats being in the situation they're currently in..if they keep losing ground over the next weeks (and there's a series with Atlanta after the All-Star break that's crucial)..shouldn't they trade Harper? It's a long, long shot that he re-signs in D.C. and if they're 7-8 games out by the deadline, it'd be pretty irresponsible not to at least try to get something in return for the rebuild.

Thing is, have braves or phillies really shown that they are capabale of pulling away? We just saw the nats go a month without winning 2 games in a row and nats only 5 back of braves. Point being theres a chance nats miss out on playoffs but even at 7-8 games out they dont seem to be really out

Nats fwiw have pirates and mets next 7 games before all star break which will decide what direction they going in

Also where did you hear that it was a long long shot for him to re-sign? The nats have the richest owners in baseball, they have the money

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Also where did you hear that it was a long long shot for him to re-sign? The nats have the richest owners in baseball, they have the money

Well there's been loads of rumors about the Cubs and of course the Yankees..and it seems like Harper is interested in being a transcendent superstar (which in baseball means you go to one of the mega franchises). Every article you read on the subject seems to take it as a given that he's going to sign with another team. Maybe there's a bit of a Tavares vibe to it i.e. the Nats had 7 years of Harper and didn't do anything with that time. Let's face it, he's not a D.C. loyalist (see Vegas support in the Finals) and there's other teams that would be willing to open the vault for him.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Well there's been loads of rumors about the Cubs and of course the Yankees..and it seems like Harper is interested in being a transcendent superstar (which in baseball means you go to one of the mega franchises). Every article you read on the subject seems to take it as a given that he's going to sign with another team. Maybe there's a bit of a Tavares vibe to it i.e. the Nats had 7 years of Harper and didn't do anything with that time. Let's face it, he's not a D.C. loyalist (see Vegas support in the Finals) and there's other teams that would be willing to open the vault for him.

ah, well i thought the yankees were out after they signed stanton but who knows

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
yea except thats not anything close to what you said

this is what you said

so a couple mike rizzo interviews in 2013 is the reason your trying to blame the dc media for things they arent doing? as @G F O P and I told you, the media doesnt speak on the nats very often, especially not sportstalk 980. which radio guy and station was it? because if we wanna play the one radio host represents dc media then dont know what to tell ya

Their media, meaning their MASN TV guys for one thing, who are two of the most homer-centric, arrogant clowns in baseball. They talk and act like they're the TV guys for the 1927 Yankees, instead of the most overrated and underachieving team in baseball for years. As for the Post and the talk radio stations, nobody ever gives that team grief, each time they fail. They're too busy making excuses, kissing Rizzo's *** and talking about how awesome Scherzer is, or Harper...instead of calling them out like any real sports town would.

Loved Scherzer tonight on ESPN talking about how the Nats are "on a roll" lol. My guess is they taped the segment before the blowout loss to the Marlins, but knowing the arrogance of the Nats in general, probably not.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
And the Phillies catch fire (Nats will too) while the Braves fall on their face and get crushed.

sweet.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
And the Phillies catch fire (Nats will too) while the Braves fall on their face and get crushed.

sweet.
The Phillies went through their tough stretch in June, while the Braves have that period in July. They came out of it 13-15. The Phillies now have a pretty easy month outside of a series with the Red Sox and Dodgers. But they never make these games easy.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I know that they have 62 wins, their numbers are amazing, run differential....

but I just don't know if the Red Sox are built for the playoffs.

They kinda remind me a little bit of the 2008-2010 Washington Capitals. They can light it up in the reg. season, but come playoff time, are we sure JD and all these guys can do what they're doing?

Their 2016 offense was absolutely insane, but Cleveland stifled them when they had Papi/Hanley/MVP runner up Mookie.

Chris Sale is great, but beyond that on the mound.... Price/Wright/Porcello/Eduardo Rodriguez, are we sure that's a World Series caliber rotation? And what of their bullpen guys not named Kimbrel?

Last edited:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Phillies split the double header with the Mets. Got walked off in game 1, in game 2 they only had 2 hits while the Mets had 1. All of the Phillies run can on a double by Nola.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
AL West getting interesting.

Astros on top with the Mariners behind them, low and behold the Oakland A's are on some hot streak right now..17-4 in their last 21...and now third place with a 51-40 record.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Machado is turning it on kinda like when McDavid went nuts in terms of the Art Ross Trophy race after the All Star break.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Indians should bring back Bryan Shaw IMO

Votto is good

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Braves have turned into a complete dumpster fire other than the Cardinals series sweep. They need lots of help if they even want to make it as a wild card team. Can't keep relying on other teams injuries/mediocre play to make it. But I also hope they don't do anything too drastic. We're a bit ahead of schedule in the rebuild but we still need as much talent on the farm as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad