GDT: 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship/Buffalo, NY/Gold-Canada/Silver-Sweden/Bronze-United States

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
So a couple of pro-Sabre tidbits out of this were Davidsson setting up the backbreaking SHG and how Mittelstadt pushed late. Nylander gets a curious player award over Pettersson too.

I thought Davidsson was really good. Had a role, took pride in it, executed.

Reactions: Chainshot

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Casey is great at possessing/holding onto the puck looking to set someone up. He would be fun to watch with a sniper. Who knows maybe Nylander gets his head out of his ass and becomes that guy. He certainly has the skill set that could perfectly compliment Casey.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Casey is great at possessing/holding onto the puck looking to set someone up. He would be fun to watch with a sniper. Who knows maybe Nylander gets his head out of his ass and becomes that guy. He certainly has the skill set that could perfectly compliment Casey.
He and Eichel should make zone entries very easy for us. A trigger man would be great but a defensemen they can pass the puck back to after opening up some lanes would be just as good. I hate that Rasmus Dahlin is in this draft because he's such an easy fix and I didn't want to get invested in another draft lottery.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Watching Liljegren make that back-breaker on the 4th goal is what he flashed leading up to the draft last year. He's got that ability.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
He and Eichel should make zone entries very easy for us. A trigger man would be great but a defensemen they can pass the puck back to after opening up some lanes would be just as good. I hate that Rasmus Dahlin is in this draft because he's such an easy fix and I didn't want to get invested in another draft lottery.
I'm not talking about the draft. I'm talking about Mittelstadt and Nylander having the potential to be a perfect match. Only snag would be Nylander needing to get his shit together. Frustrating that it hinges on Nylander doing a 180 on his work ethic.

Reactions: Chainshot

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I'm not talking about the draft. I'm talking about Mittelstadt and Nylander having the potential to be a perfect match. Only snag would be Nylander needing to get his **** together. Frustrating that it hinges on Nylander doing a 180 on his work ethic.
I understood what you meant was just adding that I think a dynamic defensemen would work just as well as a sniper with those two. Their ability to gain the zone and hold on to the puck until something opens up pairs quite well with an offensive defensemen. Obviously a sniper like you mentioned works too. Maybe someday we can try RoR on wing. Nah.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thanks for reminding me that Necas is a Hurricane draft pick Ray. Really. I needed that right now like someone lighting the kitchen on fire and yelling dinner is ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad