GDT: 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship/Buffalo, NY/Gold-Canada/Silver-Sweden/Bronze-United States

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
As much as I wanted to see Sweden win and Nylander being a big part of that, I love the kid that scored the GWG for Canada. That's probably going to be the highlight of his career.

And hey - at least the USA didn't lose to Canada. So they've got that going for them, which is nice.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So perhaps in future some Canadian fans will stop and think for a moment before carping about officiating.

Oh, who am I kidding. :biglaugh:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
IIHF‏@IIHFHockey -
The #WorldJuniors Directorate Individual Awards:
Best Goaltender - Filip Gustavsson (@Trekronorse)
Best Defenceman - Rasmus Dahlin (@Trekronorse)
Best Forward - @CMittelstadt (@USAHockey)

The #WorldJuniors All-Star Team:
GK: Gustavsson (SWE) DE: Dahlin (SWE), @CMakar16 (CAN)
FW: @CMittelstadt (USA), @filip_zadina (CZE), @BellowsKieffer (USA)

The #WorldJuniors groups for 2019 are known!
In Vancouver: @HC_Men, @narodnitym, @russiahockey_en, @SwissIceHockey, @DKIshockey
In Victoria: @Trekronorse, @usahockey, @leijonat, #Slovakia, #Kazakhstan

http://2018.worldjunior.hockey/en/news/groups-for-2019-known/

Deleted member 27798

I hope the organizers of the event(USA Hockey & the IIHF??) learned their lesson. They assumed the Canadians would come to the games regardless of cost and hockey crazed WNY fans would join them...therefore, they priced the tickets out of this world.

Result...embarrassing numbers of blue seats in the lower bowl, even at the medal round games.

I doubt we will see the WJC here again anytime in the next 10-15 years.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I hope the organizers of the event(USA Hockey & the IIHF??) learned their lesson. They assumed the Canadians would come to the games regardless of cost and hockey crazed WNY fans would join them...therefore, they priced the tickets out of this world.

Result...embarrassing numbers of blue seats in the lower bowl, even at the medal round games.

I doubt we will see the WJC here again anytime in the next 10-15 years.

Sad but true. The good will of the USAH prospect games and the 2011 WJC's evaporates quickly in light of the embarrassing lack of attendance. There is certainly a price point consideration that can not be ignored -- the 50% increase in packages from just 7 years ago is outlandish. They priced it out of reach in an attempt to yet again gouge the Canadian hockey fans of Southern Ontario and it was embarrassing.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I somehow avoided the Sabre broadcast until the late third.

Jets broadcast gave me MUTE WARNINGS when they were going to give the score. They knew that, in the year 2018, interested people would likely RECORD THE GAME AND NOT WANT IT SPOILED.

IDIOT ASSHOLE DUMB SHIT f*** DUNLEAVY ruins it for me with the dumbest of comments possible.

Before I contact the Sabres, were they giving scores and updates all night? Or did his comment about someone “upset because they just found out Canada beat Sweden in the gold medal game” represent the first mention?

How does this still happen? How do you not know that anyone watching your broadcast who WANTS the WJC score or outcome can get it themselves?

The whole Sabre broadcast is f***ing amateur. That includes the watering down they’ve done of a talented Duff.

I’m so mad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad