NBA 2018 Finals - Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Warriors will be back next year. Cavs won’t.

Some dark days ahead for Cavs fans.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Congrats to my Warriors on another title. That said, it's odd because it's hard for me to truly enjoy despite being a Sharks/Niners/Giants/Warriors fan because there are so many Bay Area sports fans who pretend like the Sharks don't exist. I'm happy my team won, but still salty that in 2016 Warriors finals games were getting a local 40(!) share tv rating and Sharks game 6 of SCF didn't even hit 10 locally , meaning so many Warriors fans are out there and they are Bay Area sports fans, but couldn't care less about the Bay area's NHL team. At this point, I don't even know if a Sharks Cup would change that, especially if the Warriors win a title the same year.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I would love to see just how salty other fans would be if the internet were available and widespread when the Celtics and Lakers were running over the league in the 80's.

Or Jordan during the 90's.

You never really saw just how bitterly jealous other fans were until the early 00's Lakers run.
there is zero parity in the NBA. always has been. dont know why people are so shocked the warriors keep winning. bulls did it, celtics did it, lakers did it, spurs, etc. there has only been 11 different winners in 36 years....

Reactions: Reality Check

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Lebron now 3-6 in the finals and swept on twice.
at-age-31-nba-finals-reached-rings-finals-lebron-post-21868526.png

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Here's the thing. The Warriors are fun to watch when they play their hearts out, like they did in '15 and '16. This series however was a glorified practice session. Or to use an analogy from another sport this was a great boxer close to his prime against a great but lesser boxer whose best days are way behind him, except these two have had their trilogy of fights already and are only fighting for a 4th time in order to swindle the fans for one last big pay-day.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
there is zero parity in the NBA. always has been. dont know why people are so shocked the warriors keep winning. bulls did it, celtics did it, lakers did it, spurs, etc. there has only been 11 different winners in 36 years....

People just like to complain about nothing. All while the ratings just continue to rise.

In the end, there are no fluke winners. Only the best survive.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
The Celtics were 1-7 on the road in the postseason. You think they could have won a game at Oracle?

That's not the point. The Celtics would have brought the best version of themselves for 48 minutes in all 4 games and fought tooth and nail. The Cavs were basically 5 guys with slumped shoulders every time the Warriors overwhelmed them. Way less spirit then any finals team in recent memory.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Yeah Jordan couldn't get to the finals wo/ pippen that's the difference. Jordan would get roasted against the warriors in a much worse fashion with the way he plays

Give Jordan Lebron's era in the East and I don't doubt he could take a team to the finals by himself. Multiple times.

It's also worth questioning why wasn't LeBron able to persuade Irving to stay. He was one of the main reason why he returned as LeBron thought he had it made with another superteam.

Until Golden State came practically out of nowhere and one upped him.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
That's not the point. The Celtics would have brought the best version of themselves for 48 minutes in all 4 games and fought tooth and nail. The Cavs were basically 5 guys with slumped shoulders every time the Warriors overwhelmed them. Way less spirit then any finals team in recent memory.

Plus, at least it would have been something DIFFERENT.

Boston would have provided something fresh and new.

Plus, I don't think Marcus Smart/Morris would have forgotten how much time was on the clock

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
so nobody was trying????

come on maaaaan.

steph just schooled lebron tonight. the warriors schooled the cavs in the series.

wish i had a clip of steph in the 3rd quarter.... between the legs, behind the back, blows past bron bron. couldve went to the net and scored an easy two but dished it to the outside. they didnt score on that possession but i think the outcome says it all.

its a team game and thats why the warriors win.

The Warriors played a heck of a lot harder, executed better as a TEAM, and had more respect for the game in the last three playoffs and finals then they did this year. This between the legs, behind the back bs is exactly the kind of stuff that shows this finals was NOT competitive.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
The Warriors as a team played a heck of a lot harder, executed better as a TEAM, and had more respect for the game in the last three playoffs and finals then they did this year. This between the legs, behind the back bs is exactly the kind of stuff that shows this finals was NOT competitive.

it was a 1 on 1 situation tho (happens a lot in basketball). i think it shows lebron has no clue how to play D.

if you wanna go best vs best.... i guess steph is the best.

steph is on another level.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
it was a 1 on 1 situation tho (happens a lot in basketball). i think it shows lebron has no clue how to play D.

steph is on another level.

Except you're completely ignoring the fact that one guy has carried a non-playoff team on his back for over 100 games this season. The other guy has a team that could contend for the title without a single minute from him.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
Except you're completely ignoring the fact that one guy has carried a non-playoff team on his back for over 100 games this season. The other guy has a team that could contend for the title without a single minute from him.

i disagree.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
Well considering the betting odds for each of the 9 finals that he has been in he should really be 2 and 7, so actually he's exceeded expectations in the Finals.

serious question..... why do u love lebron so much?

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Although he did not get Finals MVP, Steph Curry joined the 2-3-4 club.

2 league MVP's, 3 championships in 4 years.
Only 2 other players in North American Sports history have done that...Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan.

That's pretty good.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Lebron came back to win a title, he did so for the city.
Now he doesn't owe them anything, he can leave now.

I don’t think he owes them anything either. Team is still going to shit in a few weeks when he leaves. Hence the dark days.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
LeBron is just as responsible for his teams success as their failures. He disrupts the flow of the game and makes everyone stand and watch him because he has the ball so much. The reason Irving wanted out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad