NBA 2018 Finals - Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
How devastating would it be if the Cavs didn't get the one they did get? And they had to come back down 3-1 and with Curry being hurt, before they got Durant.

I really think LeBron's time this time has run it's course in Cleveland, and I don't see where they're going to get the other guys to bring in to get LeBron help.

There is nothing they can do. They are capped out. The 8th pick will only get them so much.

If Hayward and Kyrie had stayed healthy they would have been in the finals, not Cleveland. Kyrie landed in a better place. He has a chance to compete for the title for the foreseeable future.

Kyrie would have been find in Cleveland. They still would have made the finals with him, LBJ and Love. Chances are if he had stayed, the Cavs would remain the ECF powerhouse for the foreseeable future.

Btw, even with Kyrie and Hayward, Boston wouldn't beat GSW. It wouldn't be a sweep, but no chance they beat them.

Kevin Love had a good series until game 4

And that bum ass team is exactly what Lebron wanted

Only person to blame for Cavs poor roster is Lebron

Is is true that he's the reason they gave JR Smith and Thompson so much $$$$. and in an effort to make a finals run they traded for guys like Clarkson & Hill who are owed a lot.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
If the warriors don't blow the 3-1 lead, Durant stays in OKC or goes to Boston. He's literally said he wouldn't have went if they win the title in 2016

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Blame Lebron and the Cavs for beating the Warriors in 2016 for what the NBA has become lol

Agreed that the NBA landscape is really underwhelming right now, but I'm not sure LeBron should be blamed for ending a major professional sports title drought that lasted over half a century for his hometown in 2016 and giving basketball fans all over the world arguably the best NBA Finals and the most thrilling game in the NBA Finals in the last 20 years.

Reactions: Pestilence

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If the warriors don't blow the 3-1 lead, Durant stays in OKC or goes to Boston. He's literally said he wouldn't have went if they win the title in 2016

He stays in OKC IMO, it would have shown that GS is tough to beat yet coughed up a 3-1 lead and let it get to G7, and Draymond probably doesn't send that text if they win.

yeah i don't see how the cavs winning in 2016 is the reason why the NBA is a joke

the NBA has been a joke since 2010 when lebron teamed up with wade and bosh in miami

Celtics started the Big 3 era, but they traded for 2/3 members.

LeBron started the whole "team up with 2 other stars / your buddies to win a ring" thing and thats what players see as the way to win.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
How devastating would it be if the Cavs didn't get the one they did get? And they had to come back down 3-1 and with Curry being hurt, before they got Durant.

I really think LeBron's time this time has run it's course in Cleveland, and I don't see where they're going to get the other guys to bring in to get LeBron help.
Curry had been playing for a month and a half by game 7 in 2016. Why is his poor play always excused?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
There is nothing they can do. They are capped out. The 8th pick will only get them so much.

Kyrie would have been find in Cleveland. They still would have made the finals with him, LBJ and Love. Chances are if he had stayed, the Cavs would remain the ECF powerhouse for the foreseeable future.

Btw, even with Kyrie and Hayward, Boston wouldn't beat GSW. It wouldn't be a sweep, but no chance they beat them.

I agree that Boston wouldn’t have beaten GS but I think they could have won a couple games (in Boston of course).

If you take both Kyrie and LeBron out of the picture I would argue that Boston has a significantly better roster than Cleveland. They also have a better coach and imo, play a style more suited to competing with GS. There is also the consideration that Kyrie is best suited to be a primary ball handler, not playing off the ball. That wasn’t going to happen in Cleveland while LeBron was there. In Boston he’s a clear upgrade over IT.

And if Kyrie had stayed and LeBron leaves now, Cleveland would still be faced with the same problems they had this year with LeBron, trying to build a team around Kyrie with a bunch of bad contracts dragging them down.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Curry had been playing for a month and a half by game 7 in 2016. Why is his poor play always excused?

He was clearly injured and missed the Olympics as a result.

Boston obviously has a better roster and it will probably be one of the dumbest things in the history of basketball the fact that the Cavs traded Irving to the Celtics and not someone else. If you're LeBron, you're looking at the team that's going to be the easiest to get past in order to get to the finals: the Warriors or Celtics.

Reactions: Voight

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
He was clearly injured and missed the Olympics as a result.

Boston obviously has a better roster and it will probably be one of the dumbest things in the history of basketball the fact that the Cavs traded Irving to the Celtics and not someone else. If you're LeBron, you're looking at the team that's going to be the easiest to get past in order to get to the finals: the Warriors or Celtics.
Link? He was far from the only player who didn't want to play in Brazil. Was Lebron hurt too?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
yeah i don't see how the cavs winning in 2016 is the reason why the NBA is a joke

the NBA has been a joke since 2010 when lebron teamed up with wade and bosh in miami

Celtics started it with Pierce/Ray/KG

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I hope those two Finals dates were worth it, Cleveland. The Boston Celtics deserved this a hell of a lot more.

Deserved it more based on what? LeBron went to Boston in game 7 and won. Cavs deserved their finals appearance.

Reactions: Voight

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He stays in OKC IMO, it would have shown that GS is tough to beat yet coughed up a 3-1 lead and let it get to G7, and Draymond probably doesn't send that text if they win.

Celtics started the Big 3 era, but they traded for 2/3 members.

LeBron started the whole "team up with 2 other stars / your buddies to win a ring" thing and thats what players see as the way to win.
At the time all of the reports were that LeBron really wanted to play with Anthony and CP. It was just after the trade deadline and seemed as if something was going to happen in the Offseason, and it did, GS signed KD. Cleveland wanted to add another superstar and GS just went out and snagged the best option in the league. Cavs had no cap space and Gilbert wasn't going to pay the luxury tax.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Celtics started it with Pierce/Ray/KG
Disagree. Ray and KG were just starting they're declines and had been in the NBA for more than 10 years. It was really nothing new and had happen many seasons before. LJ and Bosh to Miami started it. They chose to sign together and had it planned for a while and structured their contracts for that. Bosh and James were in the early stages of their prime. What they did had never been done before. Lebron was 25.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad