2018 F1 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Four races left...Ferrari looking for answers.

Should stop looking for answers and just look to 2019.

...I'd also toy with the idea of looking for a Vettel replacement tbh. It seems fairly obvious at this point that he can't compete with Hamilton. Both Red Bull drivers would have been great choices but those boats have sailed. Though I would suspect Leclerc is the actual Vettel replacement.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Kinda expected Wehrlein to take a Torro Rosso seat.

Good for Hartley I guess. He's been better lately.

Though I suppose this doesn't confirm he's in.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Wehrlein supposedly has (or at least had) attitude problems, which caused him to lose the Force India seat to Ocon. I don't remember which team it was that said this, someone from Manor maybe? It was like 2 years ago.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Perez confirmed at RPFI. No surprises.

Anybody else think Stroll and Ocon could just end up staying in their respective seats? That way, Stroll (Lawrence) doesn't end up having to pay whatever termination penalty (for Lance) and still receive a compensation of sorts (for Ocon). Williams at least look like a decent work environment (AKA, it's not McLaren), so it's not like Mercedes and Lawrence would absolutely not want to see Ocon/Stroll there (but, presumably, they'd rather see both of them with RFPI, which won't happen), and I yet have to see a report that Russell is specifically replacing Stroll with Williams.

If I was a veteran F1 driver, I'd probably dread being paired with Stroll. I mean... Perez just cannot win. Everyone expects him to throughly annihilate Stoll...

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Perez confirmed at RPFI. No surprises.

Anybody else think Stroll and Ocon could just end up staying in their respective seats? That way, Stroll (Lawrence) doesn't end up having to pay whatever termination penalty (for Lance) and still receive a compensation of sorts (for Ocon). Williams at least look like a decent work environment (AKA, it's not McLaren), so it's not like Mercedes and Lawrence would absolutely not want to see Ocon/Stroll there (but, presumably, they'd rather see both of them with RFPI, which won't happen), and I yet have to see a report that Russell is specifically replacing Stroll with Williams.

If I was a veteran F1 driver, I'd probably dread being paired with Stroll. I mean... Perez just cannot win. Everyone expects him to throughly annihilate Stoll...

I think if the case of Stroll staying at Williams and Ocon staying at FI would only have legitimacy if they had announced something so far. The longer it goes the more set it stone it becomes.

And I don't think Daddy Stroll bought an F1 team just for fun.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I can't see Ocon and Perez staying on the same team together to be honest

To be honest, I don't think I can see it myself
But I doubt it's been put in their contract.

I think if the case of Stroll staying at Williams and Ocon staying at FI would only have legitimacy if they had announced something so far. The longer it goes the more set it stone it becomes.

And I don't think Daddy Stroll bought an F1 team just for fun.

... Actually, my argument is that it could stay like it is, precisely because it's not announced yet.

Lawrence probably didn't buy a F1 team for fun, but :
- Lance could use one more year of experience (amongst other things)
- There are obvious financial, and possibly even technical, benefits to keep Ocon.
- It still remains a good option for 2020.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
There's probably a technical contractual thing that's preventing RPF1 from announcing the contract with Stroll, I wouldn't look too much into it.

Reactions: MXD

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
There's probably a technical contractual thing that's preventing RPF1 from announcing the contract with Stroll, I wouldn't look too much into it.
Yeah, they just finalized some of their financials with the change in ownership last week.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It's supposed to rain all weekend except for Sunday. Boring.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Things have cooled down a lot since Spa last season.

Cooled down...sure...but just a month ago Force India had to state that these two guys aren't allowed to race each other anymore...

It might not be a "hey these guys are going to kill each other" situation anymore...but it's still an issue.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Cooled down...sure...but just a month ago Force India had to state that these two guys aren't allowed to race each other anymore...

It might not be a "hey these guys are going to kill each other" situation anymore...but it's still an issue.
I think it was more because of what happened last season, it just took one incident to make that decision. They wanted to prevent it from getting into that point again. The comments by Ocon and Perez differ a lot too. After being taken out by Perez in Singapore Ocon just said he didn't want to comment on it before seeing a replay while last season he was saying that Perez is trying to kill him.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Realistically 3 spots isn't huge for a driver and car that could come from the back and podium.

Buuuuuuuuut he has literally no margin for error now. He has to make those 3 grid spots up almost instantly because I'm just assuming Lewis is on pole and starts to pull away quickly.

I do think Vettel is a top driver but if I'm running Ferrari I'm very much looking at the possibility of switching him out but at this point they've missed their chances on a guy like Daniel etc.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... I'd rather have dry practice/quali with wet race than the other way around :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad