2018 F1 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The Hamilton hate is somewhat fuelled further by the attitude of all his British fanboys/girls who lack any objectivity and blindly support him no matter what and he can do no wrong, purely because of his nationality.

Read a BBC website comments section on any Hamilton article, it's worse than your typical YouTube comments section.
Hamilton doesn't exactly have the most likable attitude either and can be a bit of a hypocrite. Ok, maybe not just a bit.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The Hamilton hate is somewhat fuelled further by the attitude of all his British fanboys/girls who lack any objectivity and blindly support him no matter what and he can do no wrong, purely because of his nationality.

Read a BBC website comments section on any Hamilton article, it's worse than your typical YouTube comments section.

That's pretty much the reason why I NEVER wanted to do such a thing in the first place :laugh:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hamilton doesn't exactly have the most likable attitude either and can be a bit of a hypocrite. Ok, maybe not just a bit.

That's pretty much the reason why I'm very neutral/indifferent to him.
I mean... he checks pretty much ALL the plusses and the minuses.
... Maybe "Neutral" would've been a better term than "Indifferent".

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
My opinion of Hamilton switches from week to week.

I was firmly team Rosberg and have generally been Team Vettel the past couple of seasons but a lot of it has to do with me wanting something different as opposed to Hamilton just racking up win after win after win, etc. That just got boring and the idea of it is what caused me to stop watching for a bit a few years ago. Sometimes he's a spoiled outright dick. Sometimes he's really down to earth and likeable. It fluctuates pretty rapidly for me.

It's also kinda similar to a team like the Leafs where they have so many fans which means that there's a significant amount of idiots out there who just make trying to read articles or social posts unbearable because of how they approach it but that's not exclusive to Lewis. Ferrari fanboys might be worse. They STILL blame Verstappen for Singapore last year and somehow bring it up fairly consistently.

Having said that. I totally understand team orders. I know why they're done and I know everybody does it. I just f***ing hate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamkin

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It's also kinda similar to a team like the Leafs where they have so many fans which means that there's a significant amount of idiots out there who just make trying to read articles or social posts unbearable because of how they approach it but that's not exclusive to Lewis. Ferrari fanboys might be worse. They STILL blame Verstappen for Singapore last year and somehow bring it up fairly consistently.

Having said that. I totally understand team orders. I know why they're done and I know everybody does it. I just ****ing hate it.

OMG... It was a very stupid proposition in the first place, like, 2 seconds after watching the replay.
Let alone one year later.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I think there's a general consensus by now that Hamilton is significantly better than Vettel, and Verstappen is a more natural nemesis to him.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think there's a general consensus by now that Hamilton is significantly better than Vettel, and Verstappen is a more natural nemesis to him.
I don't see any arguments for Vettel at this point.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

I both agree and disagree.

I think in terms of talent, Verstappen is the one who could best challenge Hamilton. I'm not convinced he would lose either.

Buuuuuuut that's all in a vacuum. Max is in a car significantly behind that of the Mercedes and in terms of where they are in terms of career, accomplishments, quality of car - Vettel is the most obvious rival for Hamilton. Even if it's becoming obvious that Vettel won't get it done.

I don't think we'll ever see a true great Verstappen/Hamilton battle. I see it as more of a changing of the guard. F1 belongs to Hamilton now. Verstappen in the future.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Exactly, and definitely Verstappen rather than Vettel will be the one able to inherit Hamilton. But it might be a lesser duel than Schumacher-Alonso was, so beating Vettel with a worse car must suffice.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Basically says that penalized teams will have their start position determined by qualifying time plus penalty instead of who takes the track first (way it is now). Effort to ensure that all cars make their best effort throughout qualifying so that they can improve upon their penalty position. For example in Russia, Red Bull would have run in Q2 and Q3 to improve their 18/19 position and Renault wouldn't have sat out like they did.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hot take : Max Verstappen is the quickest driver in F1 at the moment.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
In terms of raw speed he might well be, but he'll have to sacrifice some of that if he wants to become a real contender. Otherwise he's on the path to become the next Vettel, probably with fewer titles.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
In terms of raw speed he might well be, but he'll have to sacrifice some of that if he wants to become a real contender. Otherwise he's on the path to become the next Vettel, probably with fewer titles.

I don't know.

I think Max in Lewis' car and position (clear #1 at Mercedes) is winning the championship fairly handily even without adjusting his approach to driving. The man is insanely talented though definitely too aggressive at times but that's also what makes him so good.

The real reality is whether he adjusts his driving or not, he'll never be a true contender unless he moves to Ferrari or Mercedes....or Red Bull returns to glory, I guess.

(Having said that, he's certainly not the only driver who could be put into Lewis' spot and be winning the championship. Both Red Bull drivers are definitely in that group)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
...Seriously. The Mercedes were faster on Softs than every other teams were on Super softs. They're starting on the front row.. with softs compounds, unless wet weather. By lap 10, the 2nd Mercedes' could be around 15 seconds ahead of Vettel, who, by that time, will have considerably more "used" tyres.

And that's with the best scenario for Vettel; the worse being, of course, the rain, as the Ferrari seems to really dislike wet weather (no, Vettel didn't lose his wet weather skills...)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Verstappen and Magnussen driving like clowns in the first couple of laps. I can't tell you how surprised I am.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Need to see the replay but bravo Sebastian...Bravo.

*edit*

Yep. I'm putting that one on Vettel. Dude has done everything possible to NOT win the championship but this is annoying because now we get at least another year of Ferrari fanboys saying Verstappen is on the Mercedes payroll and taking Vettel out on purpose.

*edit 2*

Oh god it would be all sorts of amazing if Ferrari didn't tell Vettel that Max had a penalty.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Need to see the replay but bravo Sebastian...Bravo.

*edit*

Yep. I'm putting that one on Vettel. Dude has done everything possible to NOT win the championship but this is annoying because now we get at least another year of Ferrari fanboys saying Verstappen is on the Mercedes payroll and taking Vettel out on purpose.

*edit 2*

Oh god it would be all sorts of amazing if Ferrari didn't tell Vettel that Max had a penalty.
I don't think it was all on Vettel. Verstappen squeezed him pretty hard on the inside and Seb was already alongside him. That said, it's a stupid move by Vettel considering he is (was) fighting for the title. He was in no hurry to pass him and probably would've finished P3 if he didn't go for that move in the spoon.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't think it was all on Vettel. Verstappen squeezed him pretty hard on the inside and Seb was already alongside him. That said, it's a stupid move by Vettel considering he is (was) fighting for the title. He was in no hurry to pass him and probably would've finished P3 if he didn't go for that move in the spoon.
With the momentum Vettel had, there's no way he would've made that corner without making contact and he can't expect Verstappen to just steer off the track because of his divebomb.

For once, Verstappen did nothing wrong.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Verstappen was about as wrong here (vs. Vettel) than he was in Singapore last year.
In other words... Not at all. This one is all Vettel.

Lol @ his reaction for the Raikonnen incident though.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
His reaction was pretty funny but I don't think the move was THAT egregious. He came back on the track at the closest spot and Kimi happened to be there. He should have just gone straight, sure, but I would have been fine with it not being penalized tbh. Knew it would be though.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
His reaction was pretty funny but I don't think the move was THAT egregious. He came back on the track at the closest spot and Kimi happened to be there. He should have just gone straight, sure, but I would have been fine with it not being penalized tbh. Knew it would be though.
He easily could've rejoined to the left side of the track, but he chose to go right across the track and into the racing line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->