2018 F1 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I only saw one still photo but that was after she was airborne. From what I've pieced together she hit the rear of another car at about 170 mph, spun backwards, hit the kerb and flew into the barrier on the corner. But no video that I've found.

Never seen anything like that on a street course where the kerb caused the launch at that much speed much less backwards. Honestly didn't even know that was physically possible.
Yeah, that's what usually causes these airborne crashes (see: Webber, Villeneuve, R. Schumacher etc.)

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Found a picture online that showed the over sized blue sausage kerb not the regular kerb, newly installed this year, caused the car to go airborne.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I feel bad for Sirotkin. On paper obviously not a good season but I thought he had some impressive moments which, in that car, is nothing short of a miracle.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I only saw one still photo but that was after she was airborne. From what I've pieced together she hit the rear of another car at about 170 mph, spun backwards, hit the kerb and flew into the barrier on the corner. But no video that I've found.

Never seen anything like that on a street course where the kerb caused the launch at that much speed much less backwards. Honestly didn't even know that was physically possible.
Getting back to this, Mika Salo said in an interview that he saw the accident from a different view and it happened mostly as predicted. Flörsch hit the car ahead of her on the read tyre, which caused her front tyre to fly off. Then she spun backwards and hit a kerb as well as another car.

I think the luckiest person here was the driver that Flörsch hit, Sho Tsuboi. Flörsch nearly took his head off.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Holy shit that was the cringiest thing I've seen in a looooonggg time.

Edit: was talking about Hamilton's newest Instagram video, if that wasn't broadcasted everywhere.

Last edited:

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Congratulations to everyone on here who made it through this loooong season. We deserve some kind of trophy.

112 days to the Australian GP.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The end result of this season was pretty boring but the races were generally pretty exciting. Also the silly season was the best in years and next season there will be numerous exciting driver's to watch on new teams.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

giphy.gif

Reactions: MXD and SoupyFIN

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Force India was always a team that I liked. With a small budget they were capable of great results and even with not that much money they always hired good drivers rather than decent drivers with lots of money.

Nothing likable about this new team though.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009

Here's the tire compounds for 2019, although they will just call the three tires for each race "hard, medium and soft". They still made it complicated.

Also the first four races in 2019 will utilize harder compounds than 2018 to get Pirelli the one stop races they want. Boo.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I thought the Hard compound was Orange...
Because that Compound1/Hard color, as shown above, is awfully close to Wet.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I thought the Hard compound was Orange...
Because that Compound1/Hard color, as shown above, is awfully close to Wet.
They didn't use the true hardest/orange compound this year, it was a reserve test tire only. The hard is "ice blue" now which is different than the blue/ wet, but the same color.

See, it's confusing. Wait until the first race and then you'll be really confused.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Just when you finally think you understand the tires the go and do something like this.

I'll probably learn some time around Belgium.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY

Here's the tire compounds for 2019, although they will just call the three tires for each race "hard, medium and soft". They still made it complicated.

Also the first four races in 2019 will utilize harder compounds than 2018 to get Pirelli the one stop races they want. Boo.

This makes it more complicated. I now need a chart to see for each race, what hard, medium, and soft actually refer to.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Got tickets to the Montreal race for Christmas. Has been a dream bucket item list since I was like...12 or 13.

Anybody been before and have any advice? Doesn't have to be Montreal I suppose but it's a bit more ideal.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Got tickets to the Montreal race for Christmas. Has been a dream bucket item list since I was like...12 or 13.

Anybody been before and have any advice? Doesn't have to be Montreal I suppose but it's a bit more ideal.

I've been a few times and it's a blast. The whole downtown turns into a F1 party all weekend.

I haven't been in about 5 years or so however, so things may have changed.

Take the metro to the island though, parking is expensive and a mess to get in and out. It's a bit of a walk from the metro station to the track (especially depending where you are sitting). But if you can walk, I strongly suggestion it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad