2018 F1 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm more curious to see if they let Hartley keep his seat. In general he's been in a different league than Gasly so he's definitely not getting the best out of the car. Just go Kyvat/Wehrlein.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Kvyat getting a drive is about as embarrassing as Russian Grand Prix's Q2.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm more curious to see if they let Hartley keep his seat. In general he's been in a different league than Gasly so he's definitely not getting the best out of the car. Just go Kyvat/Wehrlein.

Hot take : Kvyat/Wehrlein will be the worst driving pairing on the grid in 2019.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
New tarmac for P1 and P2 on the start, probably having more grip. I mean this track is already one of the biggest jokes in F1 so it's pretty fitting they'd do something like that.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Don't forget the double points in Abu Dhabi in 2014 when discussing embarrassing things in F1.

Reactions: MXD

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Took 25 laps for Mercedes to come up with an excuse to let Lewis pass. Quite a lack of imagination.

What a joke.

I hope Hamilton gets asked the same kind of questions in the press conference as Alonso did in Hockenheim 2010.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I have absolutely no problem with team orders, but what was the point of such orders here?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Why not? Hamilton is one of the all-time greats while no one will remember Bottas the season after his retirement. One more win for the legend.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Why not? Hamilton is one of the all-time greats while no one will remember Bottas the season after his retirement. One more win for the legend.
So they should use team orders because... why not?

I guess they should just have one car racing as well because why not.

This is altogether a rather dumb comment no matter how you look at it.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Hamilton wouldn't win as many races if there wasn't another Mercedes assisting him, it's a win-win situation.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hamilton wouldn't win as many races if there wasn't another Mercedes assisting him, it's a win-win situation.

...After the dumb comment, the "water is wet" comment to the exact opposite effect of your dumb comment.

NEWSFLASH : Just about every "great" driver was gift-wrapped a win with the assistance of his teammate.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
So? Bottas is a disposable sidekick that has no value to Mercedes or anyone else beyond his role assisting Hamilton. Why should the team let him win anything? Everything Hamilton achieves now will carry the Mercedes brand far in the future just like Schumacher and Ferrari or Senna and McLaren.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So? Bottas is a disposable sidekick that has no value to Mercedes or anyone else beyond his role assisting Hamilton. Why should the team let him win anything? Everything Hamilton achieves now will carry the Mercedes brand far in the future just like Schumacher and Ferrari or Senna and McLaren.
Because he was better than Hamilton this weekend...?

I really don't get your mindset. Lewis is better than Valtteri, everyone knows that. But you think that because he's better Mercedes should have always him ahead of his teammate no matter what? And if anything, this race hurt the Mercedes brand.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Good for him, regardless his role remains to assist Hamilton and nothing else. Hamilton can still realistically beat Schumacher's records, so why not go for it?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Don't forget all the haters that Lewis has to overcome, they probably add half a second per lap he has to gain back.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Good for him, regardless his role remains to assist Hamilton and nothing else. Hamilton can still realistically beat Schumacher's records, so why not go for it?
Schumacher's records have about as much weight in Mercedes' team orders as my opinions on them.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Mercedes is in F1 to promote their brand, and their brand's top ambassador is Lewis Hamilton. His legacy will be also that of Mercedes.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Don't forget all the haters that Lewis has to overcome, they probably add half a second per lap he has to gain back.

Pretty much all F1 Champions since I'm following the sport had haters, except MAYBE Jenson Button and Mika Hakkinen.

The Hamilton hate IS special though, don't get me wrong. It's odd, because he's ultimately a driver I'm somewhat indifferent to. I was strongly on Team Rosberg (vs. Hamilton) ... and I'm now strongly on Team Hamilton (vs. Vettel).

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Pretty much all F1 Champions since I'm following the sport had haters, except MAYBE Jenson Button and Mika Hakkinen.

The Hamilton hate IS special though, don't get me wrong. It's odd, because he's ultimately a driver I'm somewhat indifferent to. I was strongly on Team Rosberg (vs. Hamilton) ... and I'm now strongly on Team Hamilton (vs. Vettel).

The Hamilton hate is somewhat fuelled further by the attitude of all his British fanboys/girls who lack any objectivity and blindly support him no matter what and he can do no wrong, purely because of his nationality.

Read a BBC website comments section on any Hamilton article, it's worse than your typical YouTube comments section.

Reactions: MXD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad