NHL Entry Draft 2018 Draft - Prospect Discussion (Poll added)

Wth the 4th OA, who do we pick

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Anyone see the pic with Dorion, Mann, Kotk and his agent? Looks like we’re now hiring 12 year olds for $14 an hour to help with our drafting. See the kid sitting two spots down from Dorion....I think he’s playing fortnite

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
f***. I really want MTL to either take Kotka at 3 or move back under the pretense that Kotka will be available after the Senators pick where we snag him at 4. Even then Zadina should fall to us. Looking kind of like a win/win on that front. Would be an excellent ****block.

Last edited by a moderator:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
****. I really want MTL to either take Kotka at 3 or move back under the pretense that Kotka will be available after the Senators pick where we snag him at 4. Even then Zadina should fall to us. Looking kind of like a win/win on that front. Would be an excellent cockblock.
"Kotkaniemi is the kid we're going to take. Is that the kid you want?"
"Yeah."
"Well, we're gonna take him."

Reactions: branch

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Tsn1200 talking to mckeens Ryan Wagman about draft now
Does not think kotkaniemi should go third(compares him to vilardi last year and spot he was taken). Lacks speed for top pick.
Third should be Zadina or tkachuk.
Agrees with decision to keep this years pick.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
With all this talk of character by both Montreal and Ottawa you have to figure Tkachuk goes 3 or 4.

Would be a great pick IMO but know it wouldn't be popular around here.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
****. I really want MTL to either take Kotka at 3 or move back under the pretense that Kotka will be available after the Senators pick where we snag him at 4. Even then Zadina should fall to us. Looking kind of like a win/win on that front. Would be an excellent ****block.

I don't see us taking Kotkaniemi. For me it's a pick that doesn't make a lot of sense for us at this point, he just doesn't have the same type of potential as Zadina, Dobson or Hughes and we're not in need of a C since we already have Brown, Batherson, White, Chlapik and we can always grab another center at 22 if we want. The lack of high end centers this year is creating an overvaluation of guys that really should not be that high.

I think Montreal can comfortably trade back and they'll be able to grab either Kotkaniemi or Hayton if they really want to grab a C. Personally, I'm not convinced they'd even want to grab a C. Team desperately needs scoring and they are apparently in talks about acquiring O'Reilly (or another Center). Say they slot Drouin/Domi on the 2nd line C and Danault on the 3rd, it really doesn't look as bad anymore and if they're in a favourable position at the deadline they could make a Brassard type of acquisition. Especially when they'll trade Pacioretty, they will need a guy like Zadina. IMO they take Zadina or Tkatchuk but most likely Zadina.

Personally I'd be pretty happy about that, it would make our decision a lot easier since we'd then likely grab either Dobson or Hughes and I'd almost rather have them than Zadina.

My opinion:

1. Dahlin,
2. Svechnikov
3. Zadina
4. Dobson
5. Hughes
6. Tkatchuk/Bouchard
7. Tkatchuk/Bouchard
8. Kotkaniemi/Wahlstrom
9. Kotkaniemi/Wahlstrom
10. Boqvist

Really tough to get a hold of what'll happen. Boqvist and Tkatchuk are two guys I feel could go earlier depending on how much a team likes them. Bergevin is surely really hard when thinking about Tkatchuk. Definintely his type of guy so that could changes things.

Important thing in my mind is that no matter what I feel like I'll be pretty happy about our pick.

Last edited:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Wouldn’t mind Tkachuk as much as some because I think that Brady-Brown-Stone can be a sick line for a long time but if Zadina is there you have to take him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ThreePosts

Jun 21, 2018
Wouldn’t mind Tkachuk as much as some because I think that Brady-Brown-Stone can be a sick line for a long time but if Zadina is there you have to take him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Agreed, but if not Zadina, I like Hughes/Dobson...but mostly because I like the forward options better at #22. If only we had a 2nd...

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad