NHL Entry Draft 2018 Draft - Prospect Discussion (Poll added)

Wth the 4th OA, who do we pick

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Agreed, but if not Zadina, I like Hughes/Dobson...but mostly because I like the forward options better at #22. If only we had a 2nd...

I think we have a chance to get a really good forward at 22. Just need teams to draft D ahead of us..

For me its Tkachuk or Dobson at 4 if I had to narrow it down to 2. I think Dobson is a sensible pick and I think he's going to be really good. Maybe Seth Jones good.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I think we have a chance to get a really good forward at 22. Just need teams to draft D ahead of us..

For me its Tkachuk or Dobson at 4 if I had to narrow it down to 2. I think Dobson is a sensible pick and I think he's going to be really good. Maybe Seth Jones good.

Would you take them over Zadina?

I like Dobson too. I actually see a lot of Paryko in him.

ThreePosts

Jun 21, 2018

Hard not to like Dobson..Hughes explosiveness, especially if EK goes, intrigues me.

Who do you like at #22? Might not be the right spot, but I really like Berggren and Foudy...with our 2nd, we mighta got both.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hard not to like Dobson..Hughes explosiveness, especially if EK goes, intrigues me.

Who do you like at #22? Might not be the right spot, but I really like Berggren and Foudy...with our 2nd, we mighta got both.
I like both those guys ..
Kaut
Bokk
Kupari
Berggren
Foudy
Lundestrom
Dellandrea

I think in that order but I could perhaps slide Foudy up ahead of Berggren

Reactions: DJB

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I think if Zadina is on the board still it’s a no brainer
I’d lean towards Tkachuk slightly. Either will be fine.
Too bad zadina will be more like a Hoffman replacement whereas I was hoping for Hoffman AND a tkachuk in the lineup.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Go ahead. My money is that it happens. 100%

Yup, if Karlsson was ever getting traded it's before the draft. So if Karlsson is not traded at the draft, he's a Senator.
But they want July 1st to happen so they can tell the fans Karlsson didn’t want to sign (even though they could do it earlier). It’s more about saving face than anything.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
But they want July 1st to happen so they can tell the fans Karlsson didn’t want to sign (even though they could do it earlier). It’s more about saving face than anything.
But fans know they can discuss it internally and do not have to wait until July 1st to make an agreement in principle... It should already be done. Dorion should know now.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
But fans know they can discuss it internally and do not have to wait until July 1st to make an agreement in principle... It should already be done. Dorion should know now.
Yeah, but Melnyk and Dorion think the fans are complete idiots who eat up everything they say. Otherwise, they wouldn't say they'll offer him an extension on July 1st.

ThreePosts

Jun 21, 2018
Drool.

You pretty much nailed the group of players im hoping for at 22.

One word describes them all:

Upside
Exactly...frustrating Hoff didn't lead to an opportunity to get two of them...with 4OA, that could've been something to get excited about.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Go ahead. My money is that it happens. 100%

Yup, if Karlsson was ever getting traded it's before the draft. So if Karlsson is not traded at the draft, he's a Senator.

The word competence comes to mind in order to make this assumption. I don't have faith in the competence of the people making these decisions for the Sens.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Bruce Garrioch: With the 4th overall pick, how many names are kind of on your radar screen?
Pierre Dorion: [Super condescending] Well if it's 4... Bruce, there would be 4 names...
Bruce looks up counting in his head trying to understand the logic.
Bruce looks back at Pierre.
Pierre: Does that make sense to you?

:laugh::laugh: Haven't seen Pierre get so fiesty before that was hilarious.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Bruce Garrioch: With the 4th overall pick, how many names are kind of on your radar screen?
Pierre Dorion: [Super condescending] Well if it's 4... Bruce, there would be 4 names...

Where'd that come from?

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Given the talent from 4-10, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if we traded back. However, maybe the other teams think the talent pool is too close to bother trading up.

This draft has captured my interest more than others in recent memory. Probably because things have been so crappy since loosing to Pittsburgh.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata

He always gives a few shots at Bruce lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad