NHL Entry Draft 2018 Draft - Prospect Discussion (Poll added)

Wth the 4th OA, who do we pick

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Bruce Garrioch: With the 4th overall pick, how many names are kind of on your radar screen?
Pierre Dorion: [Super condescending] Well if it's 4... Bruce, there would be 4 names...
Bruce looks up counting in his head trying to understand the logic.
Bruce looks back at Pierre.
Pierre: Does that make sense to you?

:laugh::laugh: Haven't seen Pierre get so fiesty before that was hilarious.

Does Pierre's answer make any sense though?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
But what if you value more guys that are ranked say, 5 through 10 on top of that?
Are you going to pick them when the guy you rank 4th is still available?

I guess Garrioch was trying to get a feel for the tiers, how many guys are close in quality, but at this stage, you've made your list and you go down it. So at most there are 4 guys you'd consider taking at 4th, and 2 of them are virtually automatic picks by Buf and Carolina, so it's really 2 guys.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

ThreePosts

Jun 21, 2018
Given the talent from 4-10, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if we traded back. However, maybe the other teams think the talent pool is too close to bother trading up.

This draft has captured my interest more than others in recent memory. Probably because things have been so crappy since loosing to Pittsburgh.
Yeah, between the lottery, roster uncertainty, and talent pool (for me at least), the lead up to this draft has been compelling.

I'd be very happy with a trade down as far as 7 if we could net a 2nd rounder (this year or next)...could still find a good player there.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
In less than 21 hours we will have a new prospect to love unconditionally. Maybe two. Let's get it baby. And Karlsson re-signs one week and change later. Lala-land you say?

Reactions: BigRig4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad