NHL Entry Draft 2018 Draft - Prospect Discussion (Poll added)

Wth the 4th OA, who do we pick

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
its looking more and more likely that zadina will still be on the board at 4.....

I'm expecting the Yotes will throw the Habs the 55th OVR pick or a prospect to jump ahead of us to 3rd OVR and take Zadina, who would be an absolutely perfect fit beside Keller, and the perfect finishing piece to their future forward group:

Strome - Keller - Zadina
Perlini - Stepan - Fischer
Domi - Dvorak - Merkley
Crouse - Cousins - Panik

Damn that's a sexy group of young forwards.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
How many picks can we make at 4... 1 right... So 1 of the above choices has the most votes by a landslide... you can't have all the others...
By definition I do!

The only case where your statement would be true is if more than 50% want Tkachuk.

Sorry.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
By definition I do!

The only case where your statement would be true is if more than 50% want Tkachuk.

Sorry.

Well he has over twice many votes as any other option so who is your pick at 4? You may want the rest of them but you can only have 1.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
And a week before Wahlstrom had the 5th most, and a week later Boqvist had the 4th most by a landslide.

Not the best tool to use a measuring stick.

I am not using the vote count to say he is the best choice just to be clear. Just that in this poll he was the most popular choice. I am not using it as any kind of measuring stick. Just refuting Sensung's statement that most do not want him at 4 and all I am saying is that based on the voting most do/did want him compared to any one (singular) other option. Not earth moving or shattering by any means :laugh:

Reactions: aragorn

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Anyone but Tkachuk ;)

I'd take any of the 4 dmen (Bouchard, Dobson, Boqvist or Hughes) and either of Kotkaniemi or Whalstrom before Tkachuk.

Not going to piss and moan if they do end up with Tkachuk as I can see why he's a top 10 selection, just think that he'll end up as a player who drops in the "re-drafts" done over the next 10 years.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I am not using the vote count to say he is the best choice just to be clear. Just that in this poll he was the most popular choice. I am not using it as any kind of measuring stick. Just refuting Sensung's statement that most do not want him at 4 and all I am saying is that based on the voting most do/did want him compared to any one (singular) other option. Not earth moving or shattering by any means :laugh:
Yes, what I'm saying is that literally a week before and a week later Tkachuck wasn't ranked in the top 5 by the same people. There is 0 validity.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Grant McCagg released his draft guide recently. His lists are usually pretty good. Has us picking Zadina. Has habs taking Kotkaniemi - quotes an NHL scout saying they have Kot top 4 on their list.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Grant McCagg released his draft guide recently. His lists are usually pretty good. Has us picking Zadina. Has habs taking Kotkaniemi - quotes an NHL scout saying they have Kot top 4 on their list.

Any chance you can share this quote?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
HockeyProspect.com authors of "The Black Book" an NHL Draft guide have the following as the top 10
These guys are quite well respected for their analysis. They also confer with NHL scouts to produce their rankings. The biggest surprise here is not Tkachuk over Zadina .. I am confident they are close on a lot of scouts rankings, but Kravtsov up at 6. KHL Rookie of the year. He had 11 pts in 16 KHL playoff games for stats watchers.. that is pretty impressive. Mark Edwards has a thread on the prospects board and answers questions from HF posters without giving away the candy store.

1DAHLIN, RASMUSFROLUNDASWEDEN6' 2.8"185 lbs *D
2SVECHNIKOV, ANDREIBARRIEOHL6' 2.0"192 lbs *RW
3TKACHUK, BRADYBOSTON UNIVERSITYH-EAST6' 3.0"192 lbs *LW
4ZADINA, FILIPHALIFAXQMJHL6' 0.3"197 lbs *RW
5DOBSON, NOAHACADIE-BATHURSTQMJHL6' 3.0"177 lbs *D
6KRAVTSOV, VITALICHELYABINSKRUSSIA6' 2.8"184 lbs*RW
7WAHLSTROM, OLIVERUSA U-18NTDP6' 1.3"208 lbs *RW
8KOTKANIEMI, JESPERIASSATFINLAND6' 2.3"182 lbs *C
9HUGHES, QUINTINMICHIGANBIG105' 9.8"173 lbs *D
10BOUCHARD, EVANLONDONOHL6' 2.0"196 lbs *D
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

a bit on Kravtsov Vitali Kravtsov | Vitali Kravtsov Profile | Vitali Kravtsov Scouting Report 2018

Reactions: Hands of Stone

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Anyone but Tkachuk ;)

I'd take any of the 4 dmen (Bouchard, Dobson, Boqvist or Hughes) and either of Kotkaniemi or Whalstrom before Tkachuk.

Not going to piss and moan if they do end up with Tkachuk as I can see why he's a top 10 selection, just think that he'll end up as a player who drops in the "re-drafts" done over the next 10 years.

I'm basically in this mindset too. I like Tkachuk over Bouchard and Boqvist if I'm picking at 4 and maybe Wahlstrom and Kotkaniemi on his level as well. But I'm EASILY taking Zadina before him if I get the chance. And likely Dobson and Hughes as well. Tkachuk has more skill than many give him credit for, but his ceiling just isn't high enough for me to justify using a 4th overall on him. If we had pick 6-10, I'd love to have him.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's been in the first round .. not often seen in the top 10. He was 15 on McKenzie's (end of April) list

I think as Sens fans, we probably gloss over Kratsov (and Denisenko) because we know the Sens won't give them a second thought. I'd love either with our second pick, but that's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad