NHL Entry Draft 2018 Draft - Prospect Discussion (Poll added)

Wth the 4th OA, who do we pick

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
if Sens are high on Zadina and Mtl dont want him i expect us to toss them a pick 3rd or 4th? to secure Zadina. Kinda like what we did with Brown

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
if Sens are high on Zadina and Mtl dont want him i expect us to toss them a pick 3rd or 4th? to secure Zadina. Kinda like what we did with Brown

If the Sens feel that strongly about him than yes id do that. Go get the guy you wanr and ranked high as opposed to sitting and taking whoever is left.

This team needs elite talent.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

aligator

Jan 3, 2008
Why? If mtl don't want him, he will be there for Sens at 4.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Have a feeling another team will jump in front of us and grab Zadina. Hope not but that's my feeling.

Could see ARZ moving up from 5th to take Zadina 3rd if they think he'd be our pick at 4th. Other than them I don't think there's another threat to jump ahead of us to take Zadina.

DET apparently wants one of the D (Bouchard/Dobson/Hughes). If they trade up to 3rd it might be to guarantee they get their favourite one of the group, which would leave Zadina for us at 4th.

Don't know if MTL would be willing to trade back any further if the rumours are true and they indeed want Bouchard/Dobson/Kotkaniemi.

Reactions: DJB

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
31 Thoughts: Is Vegas thinking about re-visiting Erik Karlsson deal? - Sportsnet.ca

We’ve all heard the rumours about his interest in Finnish centre Jesperi Kotkaniemi, but there are teams who believe he’s really interested in one of the top blue-liners. So he’s got everyone guessing, which is the idea. If Bergevin wishes, he can trade down a little and still get what he wants.

at this point, i'm confident that Zadina will be available at 4 if Montreal keeps the 3rd pick. Of all the team that could have won the 3rd, I'm happy it was Montreal.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If Zadina is available then for sure i think we grab him,if not Dobson is the one I want.....Deepening that right side of our blueline with a blue chip prospect like him ..Is a pretty good move

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I wonder if Tkachuk is a guy who slides a bit on draft day. He could go as high as three, not likely, but possible (4-6) more likely, but I wonder if he drops beyond 6. I’m sure he’ll go in the top ten, but I wonder if he slides to 7 or 8 for example.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I wonder if Tkachuk is a guy who slides a bit on draft day. He could go as high as three, not likely, but possible (4-6) more likely, but I wonder if he drops beyond 6. I’m sure he’ll go in the top ten, but I wonder if he slides to 7 or 8 for example.

He could but no chance he falls past the Rangers at 9 with the BU coach now coaching the Rangers. Im very interested to see where he goes

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Duchene/Dzingel/White. They looked good the last few games of the season.

I wouldn't hate it at all. I guess those lines would be more of a 1A/1B. Get about 15 minutes each.

Either way, Zadina would be huge for this franchise. If he's gone, I think I'm leaning towards Hughes right now.

I also think we need to target young prospects as part of the Hoffman deal. Like Kyrou, Sanheim, Andersson, Kempe??.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
There's a solid half dozen guys who are all pretty equal that we can take at 4. Feels like a bad year to give up assets to secure a specific player at 4.

We don't even have any assets to move up. Only thing you can give up is the 2nd 2019, then you go into next year without a pick in the first 3 rounds.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
There's a solid half dozen guys who are all pretty equal that we can take at 4. Feels like a bad year to give up assets to secure a specific player at 4.
pretty equal doesnt mean equal. I think most teams have a definitive list as to who they want and have a couple guys in mind that they would try everything to get. If the sens are high on Zadina then giving up a 3rd to secure a player who you may think is a top line player in a no brainer

Reactions: DJB

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He could but no chance he falls past the Rangers at 9 with the BU coach now coaching the Rangers. Im very interested to see where he goes
well if so many people here are right... the BU coach would know him best and say "nah pass on him"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad