Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Are you calling me racist?

giphy.gif

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Excellent. I hope he proves all the doubters wrong.
There's a thread in the prospect section about ranking the 5: Hughes, Boqvist, Dobson, Bouchard, and Smith
Seems almost unanimous most people other than Oiler fans are ranking him as 5, or at best 4. Nonsense, he'll be 2 or at least 3rd on that list in terms of ceiling

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Excellent. I hope he proves all the doubters wrong.
There's a thread in the prospect section about ranking the 5: Hughes, Boqvist, Dobson, Bouchard, and Smith
Seems almost unanimous most people other than Oiler fans are ranking him as 5, or at best 4. Nonsense, he'll be 2 or at least 3rd on that list in terms of ceiling

He's #1... not close.

McJazz

Jun 18, 2016
Gothenburg
If he goes back to London this fall, it will probably be a very different season than the last one. The Knights will have Boqvist as well, so that should reduce Bouchard’s TOI by a fair margin. That’s not necessarily a bad thing; It should allow him to be more focused in the defensive end and a more explosive skater to some extent. Playing 35-40 minutes a game isn’t optimal. However, we shouldn’t panic if his offensive output is slightly reduced. Having another lethal PPQB in Boqvist could naturally result in less offensive opportunities for Bouchard, and once again that doesn’t have to be a negative thing. Big season ahead!

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If he goes back to London this fall, it will probably be a very different season than the last one. The Knights will have Boqvist as well, so that should reduce Bouchard’s TOI by a fair margin. That’s not necessarily a bad thing; It should allow him to be more focused in the defensive end and a more explosive skater to some extent. Playing 35-40 minutes a game isn’t optimal. However, we shouldn’t panic if his offensive output is slightly reduced. Having another lethal PPQB in Boqvist could naturally result in less offensive opportunities for Bouchard, and once again that doesn’t have to be a negative thing. Big season ahead!
I disagree with idea, because it's still Junior hockey. If anything his icetime will stay pretty much the same, it's just he'll have a partner along for the ride in Boqvist. Either way, I agree I expect a big season ahead.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
How was playing Yamamoto nine games with the Oilers 'rushing' him?

Gave him a taste of the NHL before his final season in junior. That's pretty much an ideal development choice.

This . Fans forget teens are cocky and think they know everything . Tell a teen you need to work on this they may think screw you I can do that this is practise I am not fully engaged . Give them 9 games and let them get a taste of the money as well as the NHL speedy . A lesson learnt on your own has more value then someone tell you so . I think 9 games is a real valuable learning tool

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
I disagree with idea, because it's still Junior hockey. If anything his icetime will stay pretty much the same, it's just he'll have a partner along for the ride in Boqvist. Either way, I agree I expect a big season ahead.

Don't think they'd both be on the same pair all the time - both right shots.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If he deserves it. No point in giving him 9 games if he's blowing assignments and causing goals against in training camp and the pre-season.
This. Ky didn't just get given 9games last year. There weren't a lot of media giving it any chance either, but ky kept getting better every time they through something harder at him. Bouchard will have to do the same.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Someone mentioned in another thread that Bouchard might play in Europe this season. If so which league do you guys think that he'd play in?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I took it to mean he would travel to Europe with the Oil at the beginning of the season.

That sounds much better. I didn't hear it so I wasn't sure what to make of it. I think that it'd be a great trip for him to make as part of a bonding experience with the team.

RobbyLexusEdm

Jul 13, 2018
If he deserves it. No point in giving him 9 games if he's blowing assignments and causing goals against in training camp and the pre-season.

yeah definitely agree, I should have specified that it all depends if he shows some defensive responsibility in the pre-season. Do you think he can be ready for an NHL season this early? It's pretty rare imo.

off the top of my head I recall Gostisbehere, Ekblad, Doughty being younger defenceman who stepped in and had relative success pretty early in their careers. Also Zach Werenski comes to mind

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
yeah definitely agree, I should have specified that it all depends if he shows some defensive responsibility in the pre-season. Do you think he can be ready for an NHL season this early? It's pretty rare imo.

off the top of my head I recall Gostisbehere, Ekblad, Doughty being younger defenceman who stepped in and had relative success pretty early in their careers. Also Zach Werenski comes to mind

IIRC only Ekblad and Doughty stepped in right after being drafted though. Ghost and Werenski came in the year afterwards (D+2)

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Ghost Bear was 21 years old when he 1st sniffed the NHL... and that was only for a 2 game cup of coffee. He was 22 years old when he had his big rookie season.

Reactions: Aerrol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad