2018 Draft: 1st pick: Evan Bouchard (D) - Signs ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
I admit that I have little idea about the player, but his offensive production in the OHL seems insane for a defenceman.

Someone who knows him better, where do you think he is next year and how far from NHL?

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Sure hope he can figure out his skating and defensive game and that Dobson doesn't become a better D than him.

At least he should be able to help out the transition game and PP.

Just hope Oilers don't rush him.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Seems like the consensus is dobson the better pick but Bouchard more ready.

Oilers short term thinking.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
If guys wanted someone to compare Pronger to this is it. Best stretch pass in the draft. He needs to get a bit more physical and better foot speed but the skies the limit for this guy. Definitely projects as a top pairing Dman.

Reactions: HailMcJesus

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I didn't even think this kid, or Dobson, would be available (Wahlstrom either but given the exigencies in the D end because of terrible mismanagement / development, we needed the defense prospect more). RH - check; big shot - check; great passing - check; terrific vision on the breakouts - check. I don't like hearing about his slow boots but if he gets working on that first step quickness he might be alright. I trust Brock Otten from OHL Prospects and he has a nice writeup on the kid. Dare I say it, will he leapfrog some LD in the minors and get his 9 games this season? Maybe... just maybe. I don't know how much he has left to prove in junior but I doubt he'd be ready at the NHL level -- so clearly, that means he will at least get the audition, ugh.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Would have went Dobson.. but didn’t think Bouchard or Dobson would be available. I’ll take it.

I can’t believe the players available to us

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Think Bouchard was the best projected fit for what we need. RHD with a great transition game with long passes or short outlets. PPQB with a heavy shot. Heavier boots than Bouchard and not as strong a puck rusher (although competent, wonder how much icetime had to do with him conserving energy).

Happy we got one of Bouchard or Dobson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad