2018 Draft: 1st pick: Evan Bouchard (D) - Signs ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
It won’t.

It won’t. Bouchard will make the Oilers and play the season on the second pairing and the first PP. He’ll get 15 goals and 25 assists winning rookie of the year. Try to keep up. ;)

The Oilers are destined to never win a Rookie of the Year award.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
It won’t.

It won’t. Bouchard will make the Oilers and play the season on the second pairing and the first PP. He’ll get 15 goals and 25 assists winning rookie of the year. Try to keep up. ;)

Nah the guy Carolina picked 2nd will score 16 goals with 22 assists in 5 more games and win the Calder. Reasoning being that goal are more valuable than assists now.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Yea, they always find some excuse if it's an oiler. From "we know you have higher p/gp than Grandpa Panarin but too bad" or "we don't care if you're tied with Landeskog and played 20 fewer games". But if Connor or Nuge had been a leaf, I guarantee you people would be singing a different tune.

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I hope you guys enjoy this photoshop of Evan Bouchard as a Oiler. He is going to be sick!
uYM8xSg.jpg

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
According to Cap Friendly there are no performance bonuses. Evan Bouchard - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

There's a signing Bonus for him, but nothing related to his play. Not surprised, 10th overall picks tend not to get those bonuses.

I haven't looked too far back, but the last 2 10th overall picks received incentive bonuses. I believe Yamamoto also received some incentive bonuses and was picked much later.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I haven't looked too far back, but the last 2 10th overall picks received incentive bonuses. I believe Yamamoto also received some incentive bonuses and was picked much later.
You are correct, strange why they did that but not this time, either way nice he's signed.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

I wonder if Capfriendly's numbers for Yamamoto are correct.

They have him with a max of $230k for bonuses.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Any defenceman who scores that many points in junior doesn't have much left to learn at that level. He's not going to improve his defensive game, because he's got the puck all damn game and had already played against this level of talent for a while. It's a damn shame he can't play in the AHL next year, that's the exact level he belongs at.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Any defenceman who scores that many points in junior doesn't have much left to learn at that level. He's not going to improve his defensive game, because he's got the puck all damn game and had already played against this level of talent for a while. It's a damn shame he can't play in the AHL next year, that's the exact level he belongs at.

The only thing that appeals to me is how it looks like the Knights are gonna be serious about contending again next year. He may have a legit shot at a memorial cup.

How much that actually means for his development? Probably not nearly as much as NHL hockey if he's capable :) But still, winning!

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
CapFriendly is listing a generic contract for Bouchard until the details are known.

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterD

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
Looks like CapFriendly has information relating to his contract. So its 925K cap hit with a 500K performance bonus in year 1. In years 2 and 3 there is a 850K performance bonus.

Reactions: Del Preston

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Is the Trivago guy an old looking 38-year-old or a young looking 65-year-old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad