2018 CIBC Canada/Russia Series (Nov. 5th to Nov. 15th)

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I’ve been switching with the football, but looked like Brook banged himself up a bit with a huge wipeout and board crash on his first shift.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Brooks talent is pretty eye popping. Still needs to iron some things out, but he’s definitely got an upside no other young D in the org has.

Reactions: CoopersFalls

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Can't believe the Caps are getting another top pairing D late first/2nd round.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Romanov moved up to Alexeyevs pairing. I think there's a good chance we see that at the WJC, would definitely be awesome.

Thats just crazy... and it was so easy to see too.. This guy has everything you want in a defenseman, how he fell to 31 is probably the biggest mystery of the universe.

I guess the injuries and bad luck ? I agree man, the guy has the tools and the toolbox. Every game I saw from him he was excellent. I wish we'd have done something to snag him.

Reactions: Acadien86

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
In the first and second Romanov played really bad, he turned the puck over and Canada nearly scored on the breakaway, he's slow as hell too

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
still really early to say if Timmins did a good job on him or not yet.

I think the Habs deserve a bit of credit for taking a kid in the 2nd round who made the KHL as a 18 year old. I think he is a safer bet to make the NHL in the future than not at this stage. But yes, it's early.

Does Romanov make the Russian World Juniors? Hope so. Will be nice to see what he can do against players his own age.

Reactions: Acadien86

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
I just caught the last 15 minutes of the third... Romanov had maybe 3 shifts at most... where they playing 7 d-men?

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I just caught the last 15 minutes of the third... Romanov had maybe 3 shifts at most... where they playing 7 d-men?

Edit: They played 7 D, I don't think they dressed Alexander Lyakhov

Edit 2: Now that I look at his player profile on the SSS site, it says he played a game. I guess they played 8D yesterday then.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Huh? He’s slow as hell? Clearly you were looking at the wrong guy.
#3 on Russia clearly I saw Romanov being caught at certain points, he is slow, when WHL back check he would be caught instantly, I have the games pre recorded and there's a few in there where he doesn't even go that fast

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
#3 on Russia clearly I saw Romanov being caught at certain points, he is slow, when WHL back check he would be caught instantly, I have the games pre recorded and there's a few in there where he doesn't even go that fast

His skating is a force. He made a few mistake and a really bad one when he tried to carry the puck by himself out of his zone in the 1st. On that one play, he looked slow but I think it's more of a bad IQ play than the lack of speed itself. He was going nowhere and thought he would go thru everybody and if I'm not mistaken, he was at the end of his shift and the guy following him had the speed momentum. Overall, I didn't like his game, the skill is there but I thought he was really raw. It's just one game tho, can't wait to see how he performs tonight.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Of all 3 habs prospect, I liked Walford's game the most. I expect this to change tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad