2018 CIBC Canada/Russia Series (Nov. 5th to Nov. 15th)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Back tonight for the second game between Russia and the OHL. Only Romanov will be playing for the Habs. Suzuki and Hillis were only taking part in the previous game. Tonight's OHL team is another squad.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
it's one of things I can't get over about Romanov, in the KHL going up against bigger, stronger players and he's rarely knocked down. Showing impressive lower body strength for sure, as his balance is great.
He looks built like Bouillon, he is a physical specimen considering his size...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I can't remember Bouillon at 18 but older Bouillon was a lot thicker, Romanov doesn't look that thick to me but clearly he has strong lower body cause if not he would be knocked off his skates more in the KHL.
Well what I meant is that he is so strong for his size, he is crushing bigger players all the times...

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Nice hit! Want to know what is really impressive? The kid did not hesitate for a second, after his hit, to read and stop the rest of the play that was incoming.

I liked that as well. Even if he's not a hitter like emelin, he's got that same 'just business' demeanor. Emelin's 'I don't understand why everyone is upset' face always cracked me up.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I can really see the Emilin comparaison. Romanov isn’t afraid to make play even if he going to take a hit, step up and make open ice hit he retrieve pick quickly and get the play going the other way quickly and he is really good a make long stretch pass.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I wouldn’t be surprised if this kid was off the charts at the internal combine the habs did

Reactions: dralaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->