2018 CIBC Canada/Russia Series (Nov. 5th to Nov. 15th)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
WebHeaderEN2017-1024x200.jpg

CanadaRussia2018EN-730x428.jpg

*All games will be broadcast on Sportnet*

HABS PROSPECTS IN SERIES

Team WHL

Josh Brook (Moose Jaw Warriors - 2017 2nd R'd Pick) - Named Captain
Scott Walford (Victoria Royals - 2017 3rd R'd Pick)

Team OHL
Nick Suzuki (Owen Sound Attack - 2017 1st R'd Pick) - Named Captain for Nov. 8th Game
Cam Hillis (Guelph Storm - 2018 3rd R'd Pick) - Will Play Nov. 8th Game

Team QMJHL

Joël Teasdale (Blainville-Boisbriand Armada - 2018 Undrafted Signee)

Team Russia
Alexander Romanov (CSKA Moscow - 2018 2nd R'd Pick)​

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Don't make too much effort cheering for Walford, he won't be signed next June. Quiet summer in that regard, only 1 guy will be signed in Tyszka. Koberstein and Walford won't be signed.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Don't make too much effort cheering for Walford, he won't be signed next June. Quiet summer in that regard, only 1 guy will be signed in Tyszka. Koberstein and Walford won't be signed.
In Walford's defense, he's better ''live'' than he is on the stat sheet. I did see some progression in his game, although probably not enough to be worth an ELC in the end. The raw tools are there but he's never been quite able to put it all together.

Last edited:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I still have hopes in Walford personally, he has been slowed down by injuries, lets see how it goes this year...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I would wait out the season to see how it goes for Walford first, I could see him getting signed since we are thin on LD's and as long as we aren't up against the 50, they can even let him go back to the dub as an overager next year or if they think the ECHL is better for him.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nice to see several prospects participating. I look forward to seeing how Romanov fares on the smaller ice surface

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I would wait out the season to see how it goes for Walford first, I could see him getting signed since we are thin on LD's and as long as we aren't up against the 50, they can even let him go back to the dub as an overager next year or if they think the ECHL is better for him.

Just a prediction on how things are going. No matter if you end up a top player or a filler in your NHL roster, you need stats at the Junior level. There is a really really limited number of players that just sticked around in the NHL without having stats at lower levels. Walford shows no improvement stats wise. No matter how he plays the game....playing great the game at a junior level and not being able to rack stats and be on top of the others at year 3 shows that the game you play great at junior level won't be enough at the pro level. I rather see us concentrate on signing UFA's and be on top of things than giving him a chance if he continues that way. Dashke, Nardella, Ahcan, RAuhauser, Schuldt,

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just a prediction on how things are going. No matter if you end up a top player or a filler in your NHL roster, you need stats at the Junior level. There is a really really limited number of players that just sticked around in the NHL without having stats at lower levels. Walford shows no improvement stats wise. No matter how he plays the game....playing great the game at a junior level and not being able to rack stats and be on top of the others at year 3 shows that the game you play great at junior level won't be enough at the pro level. I rather see us concentrate on signing UFA's and be on top of things than giving him a chance if he continues that way. Dashke, Nardella, Ahcan, RAuhauser, Schuldt,

well he did just come off a major injury from last season's playoffs which is why I say we'll see how the season goes for him.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Want to watch this but the Habs are on at the same time and Barzal is my favorite non-Habs.... argh.... I wish I could shadow-clone myself.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Want to watch this but the Habs are on at the same time and Barzal is my favorite non-Habs.... argh.... I wish I could shadow-clone myself.

The Habs play at 7PM ETand the Russia/WHL game is at 10PM ET. When Habs finish, this game starts. So no need to put your mad scientist hat on to clone yourself.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Optimistically ours prospects plays relaxed. Excluding making weirdo unusually stuffs in order to impresses the Scouts.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Romanov will play his game. He’s too smart not to, but I have a feeling that he will punish the opposition when he can. Both offensive and defensive. Heads up!

Reactions: Acadien86

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
WebHeaderEN2017-1024x200.jpg

CanadaRussia2018EN-730x428.jpg

*All games will be broadcast on Sportnet*

HABS PROSPECTS IN SERIES

Team WHL

Josh Brook (Moose Jaw Warriors - 2017 2nd R'd Pick) - Named Captain
Scott Walford (Victoria Royals - 2017 3rd R'd Pick)

Team OHL
Nick Suzuki (Owen Sound Attack - 2017 1st R'd Pick) - Named Captain for Nov. 8th Game
Cam Hillis (Guelph Storm - 2018 3rd R'd Pick) - Will Play Nov. 8th Game

Team QMJHL

Joël Teasdale (Blainville-Boisbriand Armada - 2018 Undrafted Signee)

Team Russia
Alexander Romanov (CSKA Moscow - 2018 2nd R'd Pick)​
Thank you!

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
well he did just come off a major injury from last season's playoffs which is why I say we'll see how the season goes for him.

Yeah well not signing does come aftger this season so of course we will see how it plays out. But again, last season from the season before....I wanted us to draft Walford. I had him in my list. But never that soon. But he was a nice project. What I don't see from him are the instincts. He's a tall guy, though that doesn't play tall, nice skater, just fit the profile of having everything good...but nothing extraordinairy. Which is sometimes, at best, means a AHL'er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad