NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Championship Game: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (2) New England Patriots - Part 2

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
BECAUSE you mentioned his TB12 brand. The idea of brand is that it's a product. That there is something being sold, making money. He has to be otherwise what is the point to have something to prove that "TB12 works"? TB12 is just another scam by another guy who is temporarily beating father time but in the end like everyone else, won't.

yeah, youre right...TB12 totally doesnt sell any products........

TB12 Products

Sep 19, 2008
Plus he burned bridges with his Colts gig. He had that job then Kraft And Belichick persuaded him to pull out.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
See but I was thinking about this.

Brady has been caught with a MAGA hat in his locker. Trump also appears to be close to Kraft and BB. Not that, that is the point. They all seem to like him or know him to some degree so they must be supporters to some faction. Brady also conveniently skipped going to the White House 2 years ago, i'm not saying his excuse was invalid but if they win again in 2 weeks will he do it again?

You're asking why am I saying this? I hate Brady the football guy but I think in interviews off the field he comes across genuine. He did a TV series or something at his house. He was on an interview on the Boston sports radio giant station and the guy doing the interview made some crack about his daughter or family or something and he cut the interview and keft it high and dry(it was a phone interview)

So in terms I can see the average Trump supporter in him. They are pro family, capitalism and all of that. I get to TB12 though and I just think it's a scam that comes from capitalism. It's free market and a choice but you know football is popular and he's a big name so it will get unfair media hype and attention and he will even mention it. I'll concede that i've never researched it and I know there's a diet involved but if he's selling something fiscally he's duping people and morally I have issues with this. He won't be the first or last who claim they have some crazy formula that will make him unique. He doesn't have some secret to lasting this long that's earth shattering. It's just a scam. Having a good worl ethic and diet isn't a new idea. The rules going forward are also going to help the young guys now last for a long time. I'm not saying Brady hasn't taken the hits but since the Welker days they have been using this get it out quick passing attack. That's also helped him last. Do I think he's the devil or horrible? No. But I do think there's some manupulation and deception used for another avenue to get money. Wasn't he also selective on who in the team could be on the plan? Didn't he like not help Jimmy G at all?
Im confused Do you think hes retiring after the SB or not? Seems like now you think he wont? All I know is there is a lot of evidence pointing to him not retiring for at least a few more years

Reactions: Voight

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Are we gunna ignore this laser pointer thing? And ignore the fact that Brady threw a pick the play or two after he was partially blinded?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I was hoping kc would onside kick to start ot. The game was over once Brady got his hands on the ball in ot, anyway.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
It does not follow the "the Patriots were gifted the game by the refs" narrative, so yes, it is going to be ignored.
Which is a remarkable story to tell, considering the two rulebooks applied this game. KC allowed to commit all the holding and PI they desired while the refs had the Pats under a microscope as the game became close.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Which is a remarkable story to tell, considering the two rulebooks applied this game. KC allowed to commit all the holding and PI they desired while the refs had the Pats under a microscope as the game became close.

I do not know if you watch PTI, but Wilbon was unbearable last night.

Neither team deserve to be in the SB, he won't watch, the Pats were gifted the game on the roughing the passer call, bla bla bla.

It was incredibly stupid. Of course, he didn't talk about the borderline calls on Jackson, the non-calls on Berry or the hold that wasn't called on the roughing the passer play.

Let's be honest, the refs are universally bad. You can point to MANY MANY MANY obvious bad calls in both games. Officiating IS a problem in the NFL, but the narrative that teams were "gifted" anything is stupid. Even the call in the Saints/Rams game doesn't tell the whole story.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Im confused Do you think hes retiring after the SB or not? Seems like now you think he wont? All I know is there is a lot of evidence pointing to him not retiring for at least a few more years

I think if they win it makes all the sense in the world, I don't think they can do this again. It's also sgainst the franchise that started it all. Public perception will be big underdogs both times, the line this time is a pickem either way.

I mean let's be real. Brady had a good game but if Dee Ford doesn't lineup offside he's getting totally different discussions yesterday. 1 TD and 3 picks. The pass to Gronk was dumb, it was not a play going anywhere. Gronk is a huge security blanket for him and this may be it. We give Brady tremendous praise but you could argue that Gronk prolonged his career. You have a TE who is basically a WR who was uncoverable for years. Sure Gronk isnt that guy anymore, I get it, but because he was Brady on that play threw it to him, which wasn't a great pass and it became a pick. Again, the 4th quarter was great but Brady made 2 horrible throws in that game that should have cost his team. I think the praise although definitely deserved here the line to me between the greatness and failure was as close as it ever was for him.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I do not know if you watch PTI, but Wilbon was unbearable last night.

Neither team deserve to be in the SB, he won't watch, the Pats were gifted the game on the roughing the passer call, bla bla bla.

It was incredibly stupid. Of course, he didn't talk about the borderline calls on Jackson, the non-calls on Berry or the hold that wasn't called on the roughing the passer play.

Let's be honest, the refs are universally bad. You can point to MANY MANY MANY obvious bad calls in both games. Officiating IS a problem in the NFL, but the narrative that teams were "gifted" anything is stupid. Even the call in the Saints/Rams game doesn't tell the whole story.

To be fair Dee Ford BAILED them out, he LINED UP offside, I mean this isn't jumping offside and being beaten by a snap count, this is something you learn at the lowest levels. How can you do that in that big a situation?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Are we gunna ignore this laser pointer thing? And ignore the fact that Brady threw a pick the play or two after he was partially blinded?

Which pick are we talking about? I assume the one midway through the 4th. No idea where that came from, it must have been in the stands but I would question how far away in distance those can truly work. Do we know he looked directly at it? Do we know how long the partial blindness lasts? I'm not disputing the laser, what I am disputing is impacts. As for that throw I think the defender in front of Edelman sticking his arm out created some confusion. That pick to me I wouldn't say was a big deal compared to the other 2, the endzone and the one that didn'r count, both involving trying to find Gronk and only looking at Gronk.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
So two plays later he was still affected but then he was fine? Which pick was this anyway cause he threw a good pass to Edelman that was Edelman's fault for the second pick.

Realistically that laser pointer had no affect on him, and I'm not one of those people saying the refs blew the game for the Patriots, though it was poorly officiated on both sides.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
So two plays later he was still affected but then he was fine? Which pick was this anyway cause he threw a good pass to Edelman that was Edelman's fault for the second pick.

Realistically that laser pointer had no affect on him, and I'm not one of those people saying the refs blew the game for the Patriots, though it was poorly officiated on both sides.

I think it was the second pick but it's hard to tell because "all 3" picks were going in the same direction of the field. But I actually give the defender credit for the 2nd one. A guy in front of Edelman distracted by waiving out his arm.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Did Brady say that he could see the laser and it had impact? I've seen pictures, but players deal with all sorts of lights/etc on the field and it doesn't mean they notice it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad