2018 (actual) off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

ImprobableKindlyChameleon-size_restricted.gif

He’d make ya shoes look like f***in mirrors, excuse my language.

Last edited:

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I view Karlsson as a top 3 player in the league but I wouldn’t include Ghost or Provorov in a deal for him. Take your pick of Sanheim/Myers, a first and a bushel full of B/C prospects and it’s a deal.

I’m surprised Vegas isn’t all in on Karlsson.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I am getting excited for this season. Is it too much to hope for to want Frost, Myers and NAK in the opening night roster? The fact that Hextall hasn’t signed a veteran 3C or PKer seems to leave the door open for that. A third line of Lindblom-Frost-Simmonds should do damage in sheltered minutes.

Washington won in a decline year; they’re only getting older and have a new coach. Pittsburgh is starting to show cracks around the edges with the Kessel stuff and they signed Jack Johnson (LOL).

It’s time for us to make our push to the top of the Metro.

Reactions: Rebels57

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I found it funny how teams still operate with the old boys club mentality. Rangers will take Callahan back most likely and get a pick if prospect back that more than likely won’t have an impact on their team. Also Callahan can’t stay healthy, has been on a hard decline, fat cap hit but rangers want him because he’s good in the room probably?

Why not get actual good players instead of helping other teams gear up for s Stanley cup run???

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I found it funny how teams still operate with the old boys club mentality. Rangers will take Callahan back most likely and get a pick if prospect back that more than likely won’t have an impact on their team. Also Callahan can’t stay healthy, has been on a hard decline, fat cap hit but rangers want him because he’s good in the room probably?

Why not get actual good players instead of helping other teams gear up for s Stanley cup run???
Haha lot of assumptions there. They will get picks that could do something. Plus they get a player to occupy a seat while the rebuild. What does it matter to them about Tampa making a run. This isn’t Tampa trading a player to the leafs.

Reactions: AnimalFear

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I am getting excited for this season. Is it too much to hope for to want Frost, Myers and NAK in the opening night roster? The fact that Hextall hasn’t signed a veteran 3C or PKer seems to leave the door open for that. A third line of Lindblom-Frost-Simmonds should do damage in sheltered minutes.

Washington won in a decline year; they’re only getting older and have a new coach. Pittsburgh is starting to show cracks around the edges with the Kessel stuff and they signed Jack Johnson (LOL).

It’s time for us to make our push to the top of the Metro.
I think it’s going to be voro as the 3C. He showed a lot last year. I just can’t see them putting frost as the 3C. Maybe wing.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010

It’s no different then the Flyers taking Umberger, Gagne or Lehtera for a pick. They were all guys their current team wanted to dump.

Bleed orange

Mar 28, 2013

Well to be fair, I believe the rangers will get Tampa’s 2019 first round pick if Tampa wins the cup next year, as part of the McDonagh trade

So considering NYR are rebuilding, it actually is in their best interest to help Tampa gear up for s SCF run

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

That's a pretty easy question to answer. The team making the Stanley Cup run is not going to give away actual good players and the team "helping" is not in a position to make a Stanley Cup run so they would prefer to get futures. Taking the bad or overpaid player back is a way to facilitate both teams improving their situation. It doesn't have anything to do with an "old boys club" mentality at all. It is both teams taking advantage of what the other doesn't need. I don't need a good player that is going to leave in free agency on my last place team and I have cap room and money to burn, and they don't need a late first round pick on their stacked team but are saddled with an unfavorable contract. I take their first rounder and the bad contract, they take the good player that was going to leave anyway (or wouldn't be of much help if re-signed). Trades like this probably would be less prevalent if there was no salary cap but you would probably still them.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
So if we are done adding to the team after the rfa's hagg and leier and with adding frost/vorobyev as 3c /4c we will have about $10 mil in cap space but $50 mil in trade deadline cap space any big name soon to be ufa's after this season we could bring in for a playoff run not named karlsson?

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Yeah, no to a trade for EK. Time to start relying on the youth drafted over the past few years. They need to show if they can hack it or not. Only way to do that is to keep them and give them chances too.
O yes the youth... it;s like a farm... we collect these picks and we wait... and they will hatch and all of them will be superstars. Yup, that is how it works.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
O yes the youth... it;s like a farm... we collect these picks and we wait... and they will hatch and all of them will be superstars. Yup, that is how it works.
Unfortunately that is life under the hard cap. A team has to build its core thru the draft and can realistically add 1 or 2 high quality pieces tops thru free agency or trade.

The Flyers added JVR. If a high quality right handed defenseman not named Karlsson becomes available, I think Hextall would make a pitch.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Unfortunately that is life under the hard cap. A team has to build its core thru the draft and can realistically add 1 or 2 high quality pieces tops thru free agency or trade.
I take it we are not there yet.. :(

The Flyers added JVR. If a high quality right handed defenseman not named Karlsson becomes available, I think Hextall would make a pitch.
lol.. ok I am curious, give me a name..

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Seems like Jan Kovar is favored to go to Penguins

Reminds me of his brother Jakub... the one that got away. Kind of.

I am sure he would have been a decent NHL goalie for the Flyers for a couple of years at least.

Goes in the list alongside Bertilsson, Popov, Bodrov and Vasiliev as guys the Flyers drafted who were probably good enough to play in the NHL but never got signed.

Reactions: JPS

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
lol.. ok I am curious, give me a name..
There is a chance Trouba prices himself out of Winnipeg. Ryan Ellis could also price himself out of Nashville. Outside of those guys, who knows.

There’s the rub with complaining that Hextall hasn’t done anything. Players have to become available for him to do anything. He at least showed he is willing to improve the current team with the JVR signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad