2018 (actual) off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
ok.. so you think Hextall will go after Trouba? but that will require picks and prospects..

We were rumored to be in on dougie Hamilton so I do think Hexy is trying to upgrade cost Must have been too high. Trouba is a ufa after this season so he could wait and try to sign him but that is always risky.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I would love Trouba but I honestly would have to think real long and hard with what Chevy would ask for.

I think since they got Folin I think Hextall really is ready for camp. I think the non-addition of a 3c bodes very well for Frost. He was already up 9 pound. Wouldn’t be unrealistic to put on another 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyerfan13

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
We were rumored to be in on dougie Hamilton so I do think Hexy is trying to upgrade cost Must have been too high. Trouba is a ufa after this season so he could wait and try to sign him but that is always risky.
Price is always going to be high.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Starts with a T and ends with a uba . Need more .

????????????????
images

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I would love Trouba but I honestly would have to think real long and hard with what Chevy would ask for.
I don’t think it would be that crazy. Sanheim would likely go plus a secondary piece like a Rubtsov or Vorobyev. Winnipeg would likely want cost controlled players that can contribute now instead of futures.

That’s if they want to trade him. It’s likely between him and Myers who they keep and they could keep both for this season.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Depending on what happens with Simmonds, it might be best for Giroux to just start the year at center. Keep him there until a short term replacement is brought in and then have Frost take over. I’d definitely trade assets for a center, but I’d rather it be for an upper echelon player rather than what’s available. Worst case, you go into the season with this center depth:

JVR-Giroux-Konecny
Raffl-Couturier-Voracek
Lindblom-Patrick-Simmonds/Trade
X-Laughton-X

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Reminds me of his brother Jakub... the one that got away. Kind of.

I am sure he would have been a decent NHL goalie for the Flyers for a couple of years at least.

Goes in the list alongside Bertilsson, Popov, Bodrov and Vasiliev as guys the Flyers drafted who were probably good enough to play in the NHL but never got signed.
Yea, Jakub seems to be doing well overseas in the KHL.

From most accounts Jan can be a good is a middle 6 center.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Nah, keeping together two top lines is more important than a marginal improvement in the 3rd line and seriously weakening the first line.
I'd rather reduce Couts' PK duties (and keep Giroux off it) so I can play the 1st line an extra minute a game.
I don't think Giroux is a 1C, based on his play from 2014-16 at center (before his injury year but 3 years ago), he's a marginal 2C.
But he's an elite 1LW paired with Couts.

Better to live with a less than ideal bottom six, we did so last year and didn't have a second line until the last third of the season.
Maintain your strengths, work on your weaknesses - as we saw with moving TK to the 3rd line in the playoffs, trying to patch holes just creates more holes.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Not offensively
Meh, 29 points in 58 games as a rookie with average PP time and with a coach who likes playing his vets on the top PP most of the time, I don't think thats bad at all. Even Misha knows he has to look more to shoot than pass and said he really is working hard towards that. He also can win faceoffs and is extremely good defensively. Honestly, his game fits the 3rd line C roll pretty easily. Just depends on him this summer.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I still want to go after EK. I think he will sign long term here. If he is that excited about playing with fellow swede Hedman...imagine his excitement to play with the great Robert Hagg??

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
If I take my flyers glasses off for a second, EK Hedman would be awesome to watch. They would be Cup favorites by far. I sorta miss the days where cup finals were two stacked teams but i love me some parity so my rambling is done hah

Reactions: Rebels57

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Hey fellow Flyers fans.

I’m a long time lurker who finally got his lazy ace in gear and joined.

I’ve bled orange for 35+ years.

Pumped for the return of JVR and really hoping we can acquire Pageau. He’d be a fantastic 3C who can play elsewhere if needed. Seems to score big goals too.

Like most, I’d love to jettison the junk on the roster (including Hak) but even with them I’m pretty stoked about an improved team.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hey fellow Flyers fans.

Pumped for the return of JVR and really hoping we can acquire Pageau. He’d be a fantastic 3C who can play elsewhere if needed. Seems to score big goals too.

Like most, I’d love to jettison the junk on the roster (including Hak) but even with them I’m pretty stoked about an improved team.

Welcome!

Your username, avatar, and opinions are all excellent thus far. Keep that shit up.

:laugh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hey fellow Flyers fans.

Gonna need you to weigh in on the "hot dog: sandwich or not?" discussion so I can make a permanent judgement on you.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Hey fellow Flyers fans.

Welcome aboard. Please be sure to only use officially sanctioned nicknames for players.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Hey fellow Flyers fans.

Mustard: Good or Bad?

Mods are standing by to ban you for the wrong answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->