2018 (actual) off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Can't rule anything out, but getting JVR would make it less likely to highly unlikely they would trade for Panarin.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They wanted someone to make it worth not paying the bonus. Term is a problem.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
btw WTF. I've been away from my computer:

We're getting JVR?!?!?!

I don't know whether to be furious or happy.

I'm happy because he's an upgrade, but unhappy because his contract is big and I don't think he puts in max effort often.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
If he moves Simmonds, I'm not even hung up anymore on it HAVING to be a RHD cause we all know how though that is gonna be.
I'll take a legit Top 4 LHD who's similarly aged if he's out there to be had for Wayne.
Enstrom could be a low-key solid addition. At least that what pdocast said.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

edit: 20 teams?!

20 teams expressing interest in Derek Ryan. That's just nuts. There's such a huge lack of NHL centers right now. Look at all the crap players like Plekanec & Filppula rumored to be getting offers. :amazed:

My appreciation to have Sean Couturier and Nolan Patrick in house. As well as Frost, Vorobyev, and O'Brien on the way could not be higher.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Offer sheet Mark Stone, trade Simmonds, Weise, and Lehtera, then we're all set. Move Giroux back to center. Plenty of cap space to spare.

upload_2018-6-30_23-33-32.png

Ok, I'm done being KrazyKat.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Quoting myself. But Panarin is a LW. Where would he be playing? If we traded for him?

I'm not sure they are in on Panarin, and if they were, I'm not sure where he goes too, history dictates he's a #1 LW, right? Giroux was pretty damn good there, and now you have JVR. Do you put G back at C with Panarin and TK?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I'm not sure they are in on Panarin, and if they were, I'm not sure where he goes too, history dictates he's a #1 LW, right? Giroux was pretty damn good there, and now you have JVR. Do you put G back at C with Panarin and TK?
Dreger reporter we were one of the teams after him. I don’t think Giroux goes back to center.

A deal around Simmonds and Panarin makes sense if Columbus can’t sign him. They could probably sign Simmonds to what he would be looking for.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Dreger reporter we were one of the teams after him. I don’t think Giroux goes back to center.

A deal around Simmonds and Panarin makes sense if Columbus can’t sign him. They could probably sign Simmonds to what he would be looking for.

I thought Dreger said Philly "makes sense". I read that differently then "In on him"

Yea, he says they make sense. Unless that's code for calling on price.

Reactions: Morinisbear

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I thought Dreger said Philly "makes sense". I read that differently then "In on him"

Yea, he says they make sense. Unless that's code for calling on price.

I guess I took it as him saying we were in on him. I don’t think he puts that tweet out without having some knowledge of teams trying for him.

Panarin makes sense because because he is 26 right now. He would be a player Hextall I think locks up to an 8 year deal if he gets him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad